Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Product Manager, +Oscar Communications Platform to join our Product team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
This role is on our +Oscar Communications Platform Team, which is responsible for building and improving Oscar’s core communications infrastructure in service of our +Oscar clients. The technology built and maintained by this team, including SMS, surveys, emails, and outbound calling queues, makes the +Oscar product suite more powerful and enables +Oscar clients to operate more independently to expand our business’ total addressable market.
As a Product Manager in a fast-paced and growing business area, you’ll identify opportunities to unlock the power of Oscar’s communications technology stack for +Oscar clients. You’ll collaborate with our +Oscar Externalization Product and business development team to build solutions (such as our new Applets technology) that make our communications products more attractive, impress prospects during demos, and deliver value for our clients and their patients/members. This includes expanding our product portfolio to enable clients to leverage Oscar’s technology for themselves in a SaaS capacity.
You will report to a Group Product Manager.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $136,000 - $178,500 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for product investments that power Oscar’s core communication platforms in service of our +Oscar clients.
- Define KPIs to measure business and operational impacts, and relentlessly identify improvements.
- Articulate crisp and thorough requirements and clearly communicate them across stakeholders, incorporating data and user research insights.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and designers to ship innovative functionality that advances business outcomes and improves +O client outcomes.
- Use data and user research to inform decisions, identify potential improvements, and measure your success.
- Work in lockstep with business development and client success teams to understand the needs of key stakeholders (members/patients and clients) and prioritize high impact solutions that maximize business value.
- Problem solve issues across teams to quickly diagnose root cause and move to resolution factoring in trade-offs on speed, scalability and quality.
- Prior working experience with basic technology infrastructure such as backend services, database relationships, and leveraging database tools such as SQL.
- You are experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2+ years.
- Previous experience working with communications technology such as SMS, email, phones and other comms infrastructure.
- Previous experience partnering closely with business development and customer service teams.
- Previous experience working with B2B2C and/or SaaS products.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.