Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Product Manager, Coverage Experience to join our Product team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. As a Product Manager, you’ll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems and accelerating your team’s execution. In this role, you’ll join our Insurance Experience product team. You’ll have the opportunity to drive a core part of our user experience, helping users better understand and engage with their insurance, payments, benefits, and claims. This involves building digital user experiences in our mobile and web applications, processes and data-models to make navigating the mechanics of health insurance seamless and user-centric.
You will report to a Senior Product Manager.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is $136,000 - $178,500. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for product investments that power Oscar’s core member experience.
- Define KPIs to measure business and operational impacts, and relentlessly identify improvements.
- Articulate crisp and thorough requirements and clearly communicate them across stakeholders, incorporating data and user research insights.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers to ship innovative functionality that advances our member experience and makes our tools more efficient.
- Use data and user research to inform decisions, identify potential improvements, and measure your success
- Work closely with our design and research teams to gather insights on our member’s evolving needs and use those insights to iterate on our strategy.
- Problem solve issues across teams to quickly diagnose root cause and move to resolution factoring in trade-offs on speed, scalability and quality.
- You are experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in a product management role for 2+ years
- You are comfortable with tech systems and understand basic technology infrastructure such as backend services, database relationships, and leveraging database tools such as SQL.
- Previous experience working on consumer facing products or applications.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.