Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Manager to join our Insurance Operations team.About the role
You will manage major accounts for Oscar's Insurance business and +Oscar clients. This will include onboarding new clients onto the +Oscar claims platform and servicing existing clients. You will lead a team that organizes, scopes, triages, and executes on solutions and process improvements based on multiple inputs from all partners. You will develop an in-depth understanding of our capabilities, and partner with other teams across Operations to coordinate these programs and implement both independently and through others.
You will report into The Senior Operations Manager.
This is a work-from-home/remote role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $108,000 - $141,750 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $97,200 - $127,575 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits and annual performance bonuses.Responsibilities
- Lead and cross collaborates on problem definition, remediation strategy, and long-term root cause analysis
- Manage claims performance against service level agreements and metrics; and communicate with all partners.
- Use data to guide our decisions to affect strategy
- identify risks; respond to and resolve issues/errors/escalations through investigation to produce insights for short/medium/long-term technology-enabled solutions
- Identify opportunities for process automation for issue triage/scoping/execution
- Support engineers, analysts and other Operations team members to resolve escalations through issue investigation to produce insights, training, and technical tooling
- Understand the operations ecosystem, technology and data models and its current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Operations
- A bachelor's degree or 4+ years of operations experience
- 5+ years of work in health plan operations, health insurance, or data analysis or consulting in the healthcare space
- 2+ years of experience building and developing operational teams
- 2+ years of experience managing or improving claims processes
- Experience developing project plans coordinating with all partners
- Experience designing and improving workflows and standing up accompanying operating and technical procedures
- Experience in data analytics & ability to find insights from complex, broad datasets
- Expert in Excel / Google Sheets (can write advanced macros)
- Process Improvement or Lean Six Sigma training
- Experience with claims processing
- Proficient in SQL
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.