Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Data Integrations Engineer to join our Engineering team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.About the role
This role will act as a technical implementation expert responsible for technical implementation on high priority projects requiring data integration between Oscar Health Insurance (OHI) and its partners. Working in close collaboration alongside internal and external stakeholders across technical and business areas, you will be responsible for architecting complex technical solutions and own technical design and implementation of user specified data integrations.
In this role you will work across external customers and internal business units to understand business needs of our vendors. You will then use your healthcare and technical expertise to translate the customer and user provided use cases into technical specifications and designs. Once design is complete, you will work with the technical development team on their buildout of the data integrations and validate the data integration once completed. You will also serve as the voice of the customer in these builds as you educate business owners on the data available within the OHI data-sphere to meet their needs.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is $120,000 - $157,500 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.Responsibilities
- Leverage healthcare data knowledge in claims, enrollments, eligibility and authorizations to scope, analyze, design and implement solutions and track outcomes to ensure data integrations meet specified needs.
- Own the design of complex queries to meet customer and internal business teams needs.
- In the course of the scoping, design and implementation of the project identify existing problems, escalate, and scope solutions
- Work with the rest of the engineering organization to design and transition core functions to next generation technology platforms that integrate seamlessly with our regulatory and business partners
- Collaborate with technical and product leads to design scalable solutions to data exchange problems
- Consolidation and effective implementation impact communication internal and external audiences and levels.
- Conduct proper testing protocols, including creating and executing on test plans, prior to implementation
- Execute and consult on applied solutions to technical design processes and requirements requiring specialized knowledge of healthcare data types
- Build and document scalable processes and training around investigating and resolving data integration issues, bugs and error management workflows
- 4+ years of related operational experience
- Proficient technical skills in SQL, Python or Data Analysis
- Experience in working with complex healthcare concepts (eligibility, claims, providers) and preferred experience in working with data around those concepts
- Ability to understand the business needs of our industry and customer requests to translate business needs into technical specs. You will do this through conversation with business owners and understanding of underlying data schema (ability to learn the data schema)
- Ability to work in a fast paced env't with little oversight or day to day direction
- Flexibility in prioritization and self driven prioritization
- Direct experience in Insurance data
- Customer facing communication skills
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.