Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Concierge Optimization team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.About the role
As the Business Intelligence Analyst at Oscar, you will do everything necessary to help us reach our operational goals. You will use your SQL skillset and BI platform knowledge to answer complex business questions, improve efficiency and offer applicable insights. Building partnerships, you will advocate for data-based decision-making.
You will report to the Service Operations Data Analytics Manager. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $76,000 - $99,750 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $68,400 - $89,775 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, and annual performance bonuses.Responsibilities
- Gain an excellent grasp of service operations processes and workflows
- You will develop an in-depth understanding of daily workflows
- Intake, scope, and work on data related asks in the service operations world
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools and technical processes, and highlight areas of opportunity for improvement
- Become an in-house expert on data structure and visualization for multiple team members in service operations
- You will analyze performance, identify issues and areas of opportunity for process improvements, and work with the Operations Excellence team to work on those process improvement opportunities
- Take ownership of monitoring, tracking the health of our inventory (including development of dashboards and defect monitoring/maintenance)
- You will support your team lead or manager by guiding decisions and implementation on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor's degree in related field or 4+ years of experience in data analytics
- 1+ years experience writing SQL
- 1+ years experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope, Looker)
- Experience analyzing a process and driving improvement
- Experience in a call center environment
- Knowledge of coding languages preferred (e.g. Python, DAX, R)
- 2+ years of related work experience in healthcare analytics, or operations
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.