Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate Product Operations Manager to join our Product team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Product Operations team unlocks Oscar’s ability to ship more products faster and better, which is critical to Oscar’s overall mission to use technology and design to refactor healthcare. The primary function of Product Operations is to execute and continuously improve processes leading up to product launch, as well as ongoing processes that have not been automated.
As an Associate Product Operations Manager, you will embed with our Process Engineering pods, working in partnership with a talented team of Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to design, launch and scale internal applications to streamline a variety of business processes across Oscar. You’ll own key product delivery processes, such as Launch Readiness, Bug Intake & Triage, Documentation & Enablement, and Product Feedback Loop -- both ensuring that they’re executed well and continuously improved.
You will report to the Product Operations Manager II.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office (in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $98,400 - $129,150 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program, company equity grants, and annual performance bonuses.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Product Management, Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations to collaborate and discover solutions as a team.
- Facilitate internal communications around project status, feature launches and dependencies.
- Work with PM & Engineering to specify test and acceptance criteria for manual QA testing, including documenting the test plan & scenarios.
- Ensure that bugs are being escalated and triaged appropriately.
- Create and maintain documentation to make processes sustainable and scalable.
- Aggregate and synthesize stakeholder feedback to influence roadmap development.
- Design and implement key processes that help us scale our products.
- Monitoring performance metrics to ensure applications are meeting their KPIs .
- Assist with backlog management in JIRA and ensure tickets follow our Software Development standard processes.
- 4+ years of work experience in a cross-functional role in technology or operations, with an emphasis on designing and implementing process improvements.
- 2+ years of that experience involves working directly with engineers and designers.
- Experience working with Jira, Zendesk, Appian, Monday.com and other service, backlog, and project tracking tools.
- Experience using SQL and Google BigQuery (or equivalent) to retrieve and analyze data.
- Broad understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from ideation through sunset.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.