Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in six states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the world's top investors--including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on. https://vimeo.com/267654520
About the role
Openly is looking for an Account Manager responsible for profitable growth, specifically by maximizing sales production and strengthening relationships with existing agencies. This critical role operates within the Openly sales organization by collaborating with team members to execute onboarding support and account penetration that enables rapid adoption of Openly’s product, increases sales productivity, and maintains account retention. Opportunities to join a team like this don’t come up often, so if this sounds right up your alley, then keep reading and join our ever-growing team!
- Engage with existing Openly Agent Partners to enhance and maximize sales results
- Support existing Openly agent partners with developing marketing campaigns
- Develop creative sales solutions in collaboration with Openly Agent Partners
- Support Business Development Managers with larger agency appointments
- Collaborate with other functions at Openly to drive industry-leading agent experience for Openly’s agent partners
- 1+ years of outstanding sales performance with the ability to drive results and innovate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Property & Casualty Insurance Producer License, or the ability to get one within the first four weeks of employment
- Insurance product knowledge and the ability to gather additional knowledge rapidly
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google products along with experience working with a CRM
- A passion for helping partner agencies
- Strong organizational, negotiation, and value-based selling skills
- Strong oral and written communication with the ability to manage a small 1-2 person audience and also a large, remote (on-line) audience
- A customer-centric mindset with the ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contributions, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipends.
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity, expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristics protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.