With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
At OpenTable, we deliver creative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If a constantly challenging engineering environment excites you, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants.
We move fast, release frequently, and believe strongly in automated testing to help maintain our quality and velocity. We break things sometimes - and that’s fine, we learn from it and become stronger as a result.
The sales Integration Services team is looking for a Front-End Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. As a part of the team, you’ll collaborate with a passionate and diverse group of designers, engineers, and product managers, who are committed to building beautiful, scalable, and high-value features for restaurants.
You'll be responsible for sound technical execution through hands-on development, automated testing, and prototyping of our restaurant-facing products. You will ship and support features used daily by thousands of restaurant users as well as internal Opentable users to manage restaurant billing, onboarding, offboarding, and various other lifecycle activities.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with other teams, designers, software engineers, product managers, delivery managers, and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Innovate our domain model and systems to better fit our products and services.
- Help foster a strong team culture and cultivate innovation.
Please apply if you have:
- Good understanding of async design patterns
- Experience with modern CSS and HTML5
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- You love tuning performance and making things faster
- Unit test/ TDD experience
- Experience building an automation‐focused culture, both in testing and build/deploy
- You are client-focused, react well to changes, work with teams, and are able to multitask on multiple products and project
- Deep knowledge in Node.js and a server framework like Express
- Experience working within a distributed SOA architecture
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”