Product Support Associate (Swing Shift)
OpenSesame helps develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. With the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers, we are here to help you every step of the way, from finding courses, mapping them to your core competencies, syncing them with your LMS to increasing utilization and improving your L&D programs. Not only will you have the flexibility of multiple purchasing options from OpenSesame, you’ll find it simple to use and administer your e-learning courses. To learn more, visit www.opensesame.com/about.
About the Team:
At OpenSesame we don't just pay lip service to providing great customer experiences. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which results in happy, passionate, loyal customers. We want to do more than simply respond to problems - we want to surpass customer expectations by connecting them with an advocate who will take personal responsibility for resolving their Support case. We are a collaborative team looking for someone who isn't afraid to hit the job running with a positive attitude and great ideas!
Product Support is a small team that works closely together and reports to the Product team. Our environment requires an imaginative thinker with the ability to work both independently on various projects and collaborate effectively with other team members. We have a great team and a friendly place to work where we enjoy the freedom to innovate with a variety of technologies. If you are a self-starter with an inquisitive mind and a track record of delivering excellent results that thrill your customers and teammates, then we may have an opportunity for you!
We’re looking for a seasoned Customer Support professional excited to join our growing team! You understand that good Product Support isn’t just apologizing to customers - it’s getting to the root of the problem and determining the necessary steps to ensure it doesn’t happen again. Collaboration, teamwork and problem solving are essential skills for this role.
The majority of your day will be spent responding to email, chat and phone inquiries by troubleshooting and resolving the reported problems. We also work closely with the Sales and CSM team to assist with prospects and customers encountering issues. The Product Support Associate reports to the Manager of Product Support.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Within the first 30 days you will be taking chats and emails to support our customers. You will be learning the product through 1:1 training, reading documentation and engaging in conversations. You’ll learn the best way to engage the team for assistance when a case is beyond your current product knowledge.
- Within the first 60 days you’ll be managing a queue of 45+ tickets. You’ll be conducting product and course testing and coordinating with course publishers as needed. You’ll be participating in cross departmental meetings and coordinating with other teams to find the best solutions for our customers while continuing to expand your product knowledge.
- Within the first 90 days you will become very comfortable with the OpenSesame product and how it is utilized by our customers. You’ll grow to provide phone support to our customers and be willing to reach out via this platform when necessary for clarification on cases. You’ll be able to identify escalations and work with other team members to find a resolution.
- Within the first 6 months you’ll be responding to internal support questions via Slack. You’ll be familiar with all Product Support related processes and be comfortable advising other teams/departments on how to request our assistance. You’ll be confident on how to resolve the most frequently encountered issues and know the escalation process to get more complicated cases to the appropriate team members.
- Be passionate about providing the best possible customer experience for our learners and administrators
- Respond to customer inquiries via chat, email and phone
- Have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Communicate with other departments and coordinate on finding solutions for customers
- Days: Monday through Friday.
- Hours: 3:00pm-12:00am PDT
- Weekend on-call support shift once roughly every 10 weeks
Become the Best Version of Yourself
We want OpenSesame to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and the world we live in. We know that a variety of perspectives and voices strengthen our ability to deliver the spark of learning to everyone. We hold ourselves accountable to create more diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities through continuous learning, personal growth, and working to support our customers. We welcome you to bring your authentic self to our team and grow beyond your expectations.