Onfleet’s mission is to power the future of commerce by enabling businesses of all sizes to move goods more efficiently and delightfully. Our product includes intuitive smartphone apps for drivers, a powerful modern web dashboard for dispatchers, and automatic notifications and real-time tracking for recipients. Onfleet powers millions of deliveries every month, for thousands of businesses around the world across a range of industries from grocery and prepared meals to pharmacy, flowers, and furniture.
As we continue to grow our talented team, we remain committed to radical transparency, integrity, and individual growth. We believe that your unique background and experience adds tremendous value to the organization and will empower you to take absolute ownership of business challenges and the execution of solutions.
Onfleet is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to help bring our company’s vision to life. This role lives within the Marketing Department but will collaborate with many Onfleeters in Product, Sales, Success, and Design. The soul of this role helps define and connect our customer persona with the key benefits of our
product and features in order to drive demand and usage of the Onfleet platform. Product Marketing talks to and listens to the Onfleet customer. It integrates with Onfleet’s sales ecosystem with a focus on both inbound and outbound messaging. In this role, you will develop a critical strategic framework — one where we develop and expand our positioning, messaging, understanding of our customers, and other marketplace dynamics. This research, along with becoming an adept Onfleet user, will serve as the foundation for virtually all future PMM responsibilities, including creating consistent, highly effective content, such as website development, webinars, infographics, and more!
What You’ll Do:
- Specialization: You will become a product expert to understand how Onfleet’s features are utilized by our customers
- Research: Develop a knowledge of the marketplace, product, product strategy, and competition
- Messaging: Define positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation, and go-to-market strategy and ensure senior management aligns with these. You will partner with Onfleet’s product, design, and engineering teams to test internal and external features and messaging through controlled beta environments. Through your combined understanding of the customer and Onfleet’s benefits to them, you will partner in the early stages of new feature development.
- Product Story: Products are brought to market in the form of a story told to existing and new customers. What problem does the product solve? Who's facing this problem? How does it solve this problem? What does it do that competitors don't? You will help craft a narrative that appeals and makes sense to our target personas.
- Product-focused content: Partner with Marketing, Sales, Design, and outside consultants and agencies to create and A/B test various marketing copy, blog content, case studies, and landing pages on Onfleet’s website -- all dedicated to showcasing the product and engaging our community.
- Quarterly launch planning: Develop and manage product launches, usually on a quarterly cadence that details who's responsible at each point, including the launch event itself, be it virtual, in-person, and/or specific to a customer or industry segment. You will provide insights into how new product developments will impact our customers and translate these into clear marketing messages.
- Sales Enablement: As a new feature or release is being prepared for the marketplace, you will work with internal teams to develop a sales strategy around this new business opportunity. You will ensure readiness,.i.e. training and educating sales and success teams on the go-to-market, positioning, messaging, and differentiation of this release. Your leadership ensures the messaging created for this product is consistent and relevant throughout the process.
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years of SaaS product marketing experience
- Strong understanding of all aspects of product marketing: GTM strategy & execution; persona & market insights; release support and product adoption; sales enablement; thought leadership Content development; and support for demand generation campaigns
- A passion for understanding customers and advocating to keep them at the forefront of all initiatives while simultaneously balancing customer needs with business priorities
- Able to leverage data analytics to monitor changes in engagement and adoption
- Curious and always learning
- Experimental mindset: Try, fail, learn, repeat
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work cross-functionally with stakeholders at all levels
Nice to Have:
- Product Marketing Certifications (Pragmatic Institute, Sirius Decisions, PMA, etc.) preferred
- Basic understanding of software development, e.g., APIs, webhooks
- Prior experience within a scale-up B2B SaaS environment
What We Offer
- Generous employee stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Fitness stipend
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K with company match
- 1% annual revenue share (offered on all non-commission roles)
- Commuter Benefits
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Annual volunteer & giving stipend
- Apple MacBook Pro (or equivalent)
- Centrally located SF office on 3rd & Market for those that are comfortable going into an office
Onfleet achieved profitability mid-2018, and has raised $20m in funding from investors like Kennet Partners, StartX-Stanford Fund, Tuesday.vc, Winklevoss Capital, Playfair Capital, and SGH Capital, as well as executives from Google, Facebook, and Uber.. Our team is headquartered in San Francisco, but we have team members located in 12 countries.
Onfleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Onfleet’s culture is one that strongly values diversity in its workplace and we are committed to working with potential team members who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our company and culture.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
We highly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.