We’re looking for a highly motivated and creative Managing Editor to join our content team in this exciting full-time position, where our passion is for creating world-class content in the pet niche.
With content pieces that are regularly featured and syndicated by sites like Time, Forbes, Yahoo, People, and more, you’ll have the opportunity to reach millions with your stories while gaining invaluable experience in the PR and Digital Marketing space.
The ideal candidate should have both a passion for pets and for impactful storytelling, with a knack for creativity and a love for content marketing.
- Working directly with the Content Director to develop story ideas and concepts for our family of pet brands.
- Overseeing the creative process for each campaign from inception to publication, keeping leadership informed of campaign progress.
- Developing and effectively managing a team of researchers and writers to maintain publication cadence and goals.
- Extracting creative insights from submitted research and data compilations to build unique stories that attract media attention.
- Collaborating with the OnePet Design Team to create high-quality, branded assets for each campaign.
- Performing QA (quality assurance) to ensure all design assets and written copy accurately reflect all compiled research and datasets.
- Reviewing content pieces to ensure quality, flow, readability, the accurate use of headings and subheadings, and correct spelling and grammar.
- Editing content pieces as needed to correct typos, misspellings, grammatical errors, or broken links.
- Publishing content pieces on each brand’s CMS and inputting basic on-page SEO data as needed (meta descriptions, alt text for images, etc.)
- Collaborating with the OnePet PR Team to develop soundbites for media pitches and multiple angles for each campaign.
- Monitoring analytics for each campaign through Google Analytics to track performance and opportunities for growth.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and trending news to keep editorial calendar filled with creative ideas that meet publication goals.
- Highly creative
- 3-5 years experience in editing
- 3-5 years experience managing writers
- 3-5 years experience managing multiple creative projects simultaneously, with varying deadlines (agency experience a bonus)
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
- Strong writing skills (journalism experience a bonus)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong skills in American English spelling, grammar, and syntax
- Experience with Wordpress or similar content management systems
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is driven to produce top-quality work, and finds fulfillment in achieving goals and maintaining excellence