About Offensive Security
Offensive Security (OffSec) is the world’s most trusted provider of cyber security training and certification. Our rigorous training programs are industry-standard and our certified alumni highly sought-after. We help businesses, government, and educational institutions become more secure. We help individuals enter or advance their careers in cyber security.
Built upon the belief that the only way to achieve sound defensive security is to take an offensive approach, we help people develop the Try Harder mindset with hands-on, real-world like labs, and equip them with the skills to succeed in tackling the challenges of cyber security in everyday life and work. Our mission is to empower the world to fight cyber threats by inspiring the Try Harder mindset.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
About the Job
Offensive Security is looking for an innovative and results-oriented Senior Content Developer to join our international team. The Senior Content Developer will be responsible for identifying, writing, developing and refreshing content for our online courses and certifications.
We are looking for someone who is creative, detail-oriented, and has the ability to organize, set priorities, and manage several projects at once, with minimal supervision.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop written course materials on assigned topics for online and live training
- Create virtual machines and practical exercises to support course material
- Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations
- Work with SMEs to repurpose content into different formats as required to support various course delivery (i.e., live training, classroom schedules, etc.)
- Structure existing content to create best possible experience for a global audience
- Perform periodic refresh of existing course material
- Develop content to be used for promotional purposes for individual classes and the company overall (ie. blog posts, public POCs, etc.)
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong experience in Windows and Linux Servers
- Strong background in open source technologies
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Active Directory, ideally in a consulting or large enterprise environment
- Strong command of the English language
- Highly effective writing skills which include a high level of detail
- Ability to effectively communicate well among varied audiences
- Curriculum or online content development experience is ideal but not required
- Experience collaborating across cultures, continents and time-zones
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to contribute in a collaborative and professional team environment
- Excellent research skills (data, fact checking)
This role is a full-time salaried position. Work hours for this position are flexible, and will be performed remotely from anywhere in the world.
This position has no direct reports.