At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We’re not your parent’s phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don’t study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company — we’re the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you’re saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
Want to see what it’s like to be part of our team? Follow Nextiva Mexico on Instagram: @nextiva_mexico
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
Nextiva’s team builds the next generation of business communication technology and works directly on a product that positively impacts millions of lives. We are creating a new category of technology, extending from our large installed base in core communications technology into advanced customer management capabilities. We have a genuine need for advanced communications and AI technologies, and we are looking for senior engineers who can learn advanced algorithms, languages, libraries, and tools quickly, solve hard problems, and help talented junior engineers come up to speed very fast.
Knowledge of communications, natural language processing/AI or CRM technologies is not required but would be helpful. We have great training and working code examples to help learn from in all of these areas. We make extensive use of open-source software and industry standard CI/CD tooling, so knowledge of current generation tools and OSS frameworks is a plus.
What you'll do
As a Senior platform and services engineer you will contribute to the development of the core NextOS platform that powers all Nextiva’s products. You will be part of a team that combines product managers and engineers focused on conceiving and building amazing products. You will work closely with the product managers, designers, and application engineers to build platform capabilities that meet the needs of Nextiva applications as well as a growing ecosystem of technology partners. As a senior engineer, you will also participate in peer reviews, technology R&D, API definition and development and engineering talent development.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Object-oriented programming and component-based development
- Distributed systems (messaging, HA systems, caching, performance).
- Durable code (testability, documentation, maintainability).
- API design and implementation (REST/JSON, messaging).
- Apache Kafka or equivalent multi-consumer, multi-producer message streaming.
- OAuth/other security protocols, zero trust.
- Redis/MongoDB or equivalent key-value and document stores.
- RDBMS access and design patterns.
- Contemporary team development (CI/CD pipelines, git, Jira, etc)
- Degree in mathematics or computer science preferred. Candidates interested in AI/NLP work must have a strong mathematics background.
- Master-level proficiency in one of Java or Golang
- 6+ years progressive professional software development experience (we are hiring at the Senior, Staff and Principal level)
More about Nextiva Technology
- We invest in our people. We provide time (10% self-directed), funding (training grants) and in-house training to support professional development of our people. We will expect you to learn a lot very quickly; but we will provide you with the means to do that.
- We have a great culture and are acknowledged to be a great place to work.
- We regularly sponsor conferences and meetups and provide opportunities for our engineers to share.
So, why Nextiva?
Nextiva is a trailblazer in the Voice over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industries. We’re outpacing our competitors, and it’s an exciting time to join our team. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced tech company with massive potential, Nextiva is the place for you. Our 1,000+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service. We’re passionate about upholding our energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity. Nextiva seeks diverse individuals who share our values and vision to help take us to the next level. Nextiva provides an impressive benefits package and has a resilient company culture. Glassdoor named us one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 nationwide. Employees rate Nextiva a 4.9/5 on Comparably, and we’ve earned many more accolades along the way.
Help us redefine the future of business communications. Apply today!