We don’t study industry trends; we create them.
Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams.
We invite you to join our amazing team. We are hiring experienced and talented team members in Canada. Please note, candidates must reside in British Columbia, Ontario, or Quebec.
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
We are looking for a database and middleware engineer to enhance, support, and troubleshoot our stack. We are looking for someone with a wide breadth of knowledge, experience, and interest in a range of technology domains. The skillset is typically somewhere between a middleware and a devops engineer, a bit of a generalist with the ability to dig deep when necessary. We deal with many different technologies; a desire to learn and a hunger to work on challenging projects is a must.
This is a senior role that can help drive initiatives to completion and find solutions to complex problems. You will work with database, devops, and product engineers to help build best practices across our Systems Engineering group and throughout Nextiva.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and fix production problems in every layer of the stack
- Work with the Senior Manager of Database and Middleware Engineering to handle critical projects that impact the entire company
- Identify manual work, document the fix in the form of a runbook, then automate it away
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting production systems
- Mentor engineers and help develop their careers and technical skills
- Work across teams to provide architectural guidance and to help drive large projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with at least three of the following: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Elasticsearch
- 7+ years of experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps/SRE
- Strong understanding of and extensive experience with SRE and DevOps principles
- Solid understanding of microservices environments and distributed systems
- Experience leading troubleshooting efforts on complex systems
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to a wide audience
Nextiva is unique. We are a cloud communications company, solving problems, creating solutions, and changing the game. We’re outpacing our competitors. Our 1,400+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service.
We believe in the power of strong connections, connections to our customers, our products and services, and most importantly, each other.
At Nextiva, we recognize the contributions of our team members and ensure
- our financial rewards are competitive,
- our benefits support and promote the wellbeing of every Nextie,
- career growth, individual and team performance and success, and
- our work environment is collaborative, engaging, supportive, and innovative.
Nextiva is a Q1 2022 “Best Place to Work” winner by Comparably in two categories — Best Global Culture and Best Places to Work in Phoenix. Nextiva is also a proud winner of additional workplace awards, including:
- 2021 LinkedIn Talent Employee Engagement Champion
- Comparably’s Best CEO 2021
- Comparably’s Best Company Culture 2021 and 2018
- Comparably’s Best Company Compensation 2021 and 2019
- Glassdoor 2020 Best Places to Work
Apply today to join our winning team!