It’s about more than the right fit. We’re looking for the right connection.
At Nextiva, it’s our team members that make Nextiva a great place to work. Nexties are smart, driven, and the best in class at what they do. We’re changing the game in the software industry with the first of its kind, conversation-centric work hub that unifies team collaboration, customer management & engagement in ONE single application.
Since its founding in 2008, more than 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for customer and team communication. We believe in the power of strong connections; connections to our customers with our signature Amazing Service®, our products and services, and most importantly, each other.
Build Amazing - Deliver Amazing - Live Amazing - Be Amazing
The Growth Marketing team at Nextiva is at the intersection of marketing product, engineering and data science. Our work has a large impact on Nextiva’s business. The purpose of this role is to develop and execute best in class strategies that outperform the market. As the Director of Search Engine Marketing (SEM), you will be responsible for growing and shaping the strategic direction of Nextiva’s search program and meeting rigorous growth targets.
The ideal candidate for this position will be entrepreneurial and independent with a relentless drive to optimize campaigns for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. The candidate should be data driven, product savvy, curious and comfortable taking informed risks and testing hypotheses.
This person will have proven success with owning a full-funnel/“post-click” approach to B2B SEM
- Responsible for defining, developing, and executing an effective product strategy (for search marketing) such as executing automated bidding, building systems for millions of keywords, audience building and landing pages
- Assess campaign performance, drive insights, identify opportunities for improvement, and drive incremental business impact through optimization and growth
- Continuous optimization of bid strategies and A/B testing of headline, copy, extensions, placement, and landing pages to maximize conversion rates
- Discover and capture new growth opportunities in SEM based on data mining and quantitative analysis, and execute on ideas to drive growth, traffic and engagement
- Partnering with data science, product, engineering and design, lead the ideation and execution of product improvements which can drive growth
- Define use cases which can lead to product changes
- Identify new channel opportunities and update strategies based on developments in the Search Landscape
- Partner with senior leaders and executives across Nextiva to ensure the strategy aligns with the overall company-wide initiatives and long-term objectives
- Assume top-level responsibility for $MM budget including monthly forecasting of spend and ensuring that PPC accounts remain profitable to the business
- Delivering reports, insights, and forecasts that accurately measure channel performance, based on incrementally and efficiency
- Ensure best practice and innovation in all paid search activities; ensure knowledge sharing across teams
- Evaluate and test new search vendors, tools, and platforms
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with the product team, vendors, and agency partners
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of marketing and leadership experience. Additional qualifications include:
- Proven experience in managing multiple functions in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Solid financial management and analytical skills. You will be advising on a large marketing budget and must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to optimize spending based on performance
- Experience successfully managing B2B SEM campaigns against aggressive ROI and growth goals
- Strong strategic thinking skills and the ability to make data-driven recommendations that help reach business goals
- Proven track record of delivering outsized business impact through aggressive SEM campaign optimization
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the rigor and discipline to build the business and creative competencies that will allow Nextiva to continue to stand out in the market
- Significant SEM experience in an evolving competitive industry
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, engineering, or business is required
- Big, bold thinking with a track record of developing creative/innovative solutions
- Growth mindset:
- Humble (doesn’t assume knows everything), curious, learner
- Sees obstacles as challenges, persistent, has “grit”
- Comfortable with uncertainty and change
- Doesn’t leave things to chance
- Strategic mindset:
- Challenges the status quo
- Thinks frameworks/structures/systems
- Convincing, persuasive, can explain complex things in an easy way
- Asks the right questions, describes their process
- Understands the process end-to-end and can pinpoint potential pitfalls
Compensation, Rewards & Benefits:
Nextiva provides a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes supplemental medical insurance (including prescription coverage, mental health support, and a range of medical services and supplies), dental, vision, disability, life insurance, an Employee Assistance Plan, Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried employees, an RRSP employee long-term savings plan through CanadaLife with Nextiva matching, comprehensive employee wellness programs and loads of learning and development opportunities which are coupled with career paths to last a lifetime.
To check out what’s going on at Nextiva, check us out on Instagram, Instagram (MX), YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Nextiva blog.
In 2022, Nextiva has been recognized by Comparably as the ‘Best Place to Work’ in the following categories: Best Company Leadership, Best CEO for Women, Best Global Culture, and Best Places to Work in Phoenix.
Additional workplace awards include 2021 LinkedIn Talent Employee Engagement Champion, Comparably’s Best CEO 2021, Best Company Culture 2021 and 2018, Best Company Compensation 2022, 2021 and 2019, and Glassdoor’s 2020 Best Places to Work.