It’s about more than the right fit. We’re looking for the right connection.
At Nextiva, it’s our team members that make Nextiva a great place to work. Nexties are smart, driven, and the best in class at what they do. We’re changing the game in the software industry with the first of its kind, conversation-centric work hub that unifies team collaboration, customer management & engagement in ONE single application.
Since its founding in 2008, more than 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for customer and team communication. We believe in the power of strong connections; connections to our customers with our signature Amazing Service®, our products and services, and most importantly, each other.
Build Amazing - Deliver Amazing - Live Amazing - Be Amazing
We are looking for a database and middleware engineer to enhance, support, and troubleshoot our stack. We are looking for someone with a wide breadth of knowledge, experience, and interest in a range of technology domains. The skillset is typically somewhere between a middleware and a devops engineer, a bit of a generalist with the ability to dig deep when necessary. We deal with many different technologies; a desire to learn and a hunger to work on challenging projects is a must.
This is a senior role that can help drive initiatives to completion and find solutions to complex problems. You will work with database, devops, and product engineers to help build best practices across our Systems Engineering group and throughout Nextiva.
This role is remote for Mexico only. Applicants outside Mexico will not be considered.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and fix production problems in every layer of the stack
- Work with the Senior Manager of Database and Middleware Engineering to handle critical projects that impact the entire company
- Identify manual work, document the fix in the form of a runbook, then automate it away
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting production systems
- Mentor engineers and help develop their careers and technical skills
- Work across teams to provide architectural guidance and to help drive large projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with at least one of the following: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Elasticsearch
- 4+ years of experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps/SRE
- Strong understanding of and extensive experience with SRE and DevOps principles
- Good understanding of microservices environments and distributed systems
- Experience with troubleshooting on complex systems
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to a wide audience
Rewards & Benefits
✅ Major Health insurance for you and for your legal partner and children under 25 years
✅ Vision and Dental covered
✅ Life Insurance – 24 times your monthly salary
✅ 30-day Christmas Bonus (Aguinaldo)
✅ 50% Vacation premium
✅ 12 days for vacations on your first-year anniversary
✅ Newly hired full-time employees of Nextiva earn ten (10) personal days before their first anniversary
✅ After your first year you will be entitled to 5 personal days each year after each anniversary date additional to your vacation days
✅ Company matched Food Vouchers – You receive 1 x monthly UMA (Unidad de Medida y Actualización) per month
✅ Company matched savings fund – 13% of your monthly salary capped to 1.3 times the annual value of the UMA
✅ $500 MXN monthly Telecommunications stipend while working remotely
To check out what’s going on at Nextiva, check us out on Instagram, Instagram (MX), YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Nextiva blog.
In 2022, Nextiva has been recognized by Comparably as the ‘Best Place to Work’ in the following categories: Best Company Leadership, Best CEO for Women, Best Global Culture, and Best Places to Work in Phoenix.
Additional workplace awards include 2021 LinkedIn Talent Employee Engagement Champion, Comparably’s Best CEO 2021, Best Company Culture 2021 and 2018, Best Company Compensation 2022, 2021 and 2019, and Glassdoor’s 2020 Best Places to Work.