At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We’re not your parent’s phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don’t study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company — we’re the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you’re saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
We are looking for a database and middleware engineer to enhance, support, and troubleshoot our stack. We are looking for someone with a wide breadth of knowledge, experience, and interest in a range of technology domains. The skillset is typically somewhere between a middleware and a devops engineer, a bit of a generalist with the ability to dig deep when necessary. We deal with many different technologies; a desire to learn and a hunger to work on challenging projects is a must.
This is a senior role that can help drive initiatives to completion and find solutions to complex problems. You will work with database, devops, and product engineers to help build best practices across our Systems Engineering group and throughout Nextiva.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and fix production problems in every layer of the stack
- Work with the Senior Manager of Database and Middleware Engineering to handle critical projects that impact the entire company
- Identify manual work, document the fix in the form of a runbook, then automate it away
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting production systems
- Mentor engineers and help develop their careers and technical skills
- Work across teams to provide architectural guidance and to help drive large projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with at least one of the following: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Elasticsearch
- 4+ years of experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps/SRE
- Strong understanding of and extensive experience with SRE and DevOps principles
- Good understanding of microservices environments and distributed systems
- Experience with troubleshooting on complex systems
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to a wide audience
So, why Nextiva?
Nextiva is a trailblazer in the Voice over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industries. We’re outpacing our competitors, and it’s an exciting time to join our team. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced tech company with massive potential, Nextiva is the place for you. Our 1,000+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service. We’re passionate about upholding our energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity. Nextiva seeks diverse individuals who share our values and vision to help take us to the next level. Nextiva provides an impressive benefits package and has a resilient company culture. Glassdoor named us one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 nationwide. Employees rate Nextiva a 4.9/5 on Comparably, and we’ve earned many more accolades along the way.
Help us redefine the future of business communications. Apply today!
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nextiva participates in the E-Verify Program where and as required by law. For additional information about E-Verify visit USCIS.