As a member of our growing Customer Proposals team, the Proposal Writer/Content Specialist will be responsible for writing winning proposals in support of competitive bids and company objectives and maintenance and operation of Loopio proposal response software and library, while working to improve systemized operations. Reporting to the Proposal Manager, you will partner closely with the Marketing, Engineering, Tech, and Product teams to ensure we always have up-to-date content . You’ll work with a team of experienced proposal pros who actively support each other to provide the best outcome for Newsela.
Why you’ll love this role:
- Your subject matter expertise in content creation and management will be applied to achieving our proposal execution goals
- You’ll have development opportunities to support your writing and technical expertise
- Our department is always looking for ways to systemize the RFP process
- Our team is critical to the revenue objectives of the company and the best part is every time we win, we are putting Newsela into the hands of more teachers and children
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have 2+ years of experience in proposal writing in education or a related field
- You have previous experience with proposal management software
- You have K-12 experience through being an educator or working within an education company
- You have experience with these Newsela softwares/programs: Google Suite; Word, Excel, Adobe DC/Pro
Base compensation range: $60,000 - $70,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
One of the fastest growing tech companies in K-12 education, Newsela was founded on the principle that while every child may have unique learning preferences, they all deserve a rich learning experience that ignites a love of learning. We built our platform based on learning science research to deliver the most engaging, authentic content to modernize how teaching happens in the classroom. Along with interactive assessments and tools, we provide teachers with digital content at five reading levels -- from +100 of the best sources -- that is relevant to the diverse backgrounds and interests of their students. Since we started in 2013, we’ve established a presence in 90% of U.S. K-12 schools and over 2.5M teachers and 37M students have registered with Newsela.Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul
Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself
Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes
Professional Development: Annual stipends for continued education, regular manager training sessions, lunch & learns, and individual growth plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations
Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps shape the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers