The Enterprise Account Executive will manage a book of business of school district accounts consisting of current customer districts (upsell growth), active accounts (districts with open opportunities that need to be worked to closure), and new districts without opportunities that will be new business. You will be responsible for building relationships with key decision makers at the district level, in addition to selling Newsela’s suite of products, to bring engaging learning content to school districts in your region. You will work complex deals to closure with C-level contacts that require deep multi-threaded relationships. You’ll employ solution based selling techniques and solution mapping, along with your strong negotiation and closing skills, to ensure school board preparation and approval. You’ll create and maintain an aggressive pipeline, and will build and adjust strategic account plans for key accounts to move each account through the sales cycle. In your day to day, you will do everything from pipeline management and forecasting, to designing lead generation campaigns and managing sales through the entire lifecycle. You’ll also maintain pristine data cleanliness in Salesforce by ensuring each account’s data and sales cycle stage is always up to date, and the necessary account details are input in a timely manner. You will also become well-versed in your territory’s funding, state initiatives, demographics, and K-12 education landscape, which will help inform your overall sales strategy. Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, you’ll partner with your assigned Solution Architect, Sales Development Rep, School Rep, and Customer Success Manager to manage the district lifecycle from first meeting through renewal.
Why you'll love the role:
- You’ll have direct, regular exposure to our executive leadership team during meetings to discuss specific deal strategies, introduce industry trends, and build support for district-specific initiatives
- You will have a highly skilled empowerment team dedicated to supporting you and your book of business, and will also receive extensive support from our Learning & Enablement team
- You'll leverage your complex selling skills to achieve your own revenue targets, and in addition you will get to work with an enthusiastic, cross-functional team to catapult Newsela’s growth as we scale our national sales organization
- You will be part of a regional sales team and the face of Newsela out in the market, ultimately bringing engaging, culturally responsive learning content to students and teachers nationwide
Why you're a great fit:
- You have 5+ years of demonstrated success selling SaaS supplemental products at the school district level
- You have deep and broad network of contacts with key districts; bonus points if your contacts include school board members that you will be able to immediately leverage
- You’ve demonstrated success in a solution-based approach to solving customer requirements, and have proven your ability to work complex district accounts, grow existing key district relationships, and close business
- You have foundational knowledge of the K12 education market, with an understanding of the organizational structure and decision-making process in key districts
- You work your sales with a dynamic, strategic, creative, and highly organized approach, and are able to tactfully create a sense of urgency and accountability among your team and with customers
- In addition to your sales expertise, you’re experienced in Salesforce and other sales tech systems, and strive to maintain accurate, insightful sales data at all times
Base compensation range: $130,000 + OTE. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component, incentive stock options, and benefits in addition to base salary. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.