At Netlify, our Product Management team is the glue between the customers we serve, the technology we build, and our business. We anchor our product teams around cross-functional pillars to drive collaboration, provide autonomy and ownership, and enable us to scale, conquer, and divide. Our teams have been remote-first since our inception and we’re globally distributed, spanning across North America and Europe. We’re biased towards asynchronous planning and communication and take documentation seriously, meaning fewer meetings and more execution.
As a Senior Director of Product Manager with our team, you’ll oversee a team of talented Product Managers and will partner with our SVP of Product to own the strategy and execution of Netlify’s offerings. This role is highly visible, as you’ll be driving our product direction and partnering with all areas of the business, including engineering, design, sales, and marketing.What You’ll Do:
- Own our product vision by proactively identifying and acting on emerging opportunities to improve the developer experience.
- Manage the prioritization and product planning through collaboration with stakeholders across the company.
- Drive execution of product features across our pillars.
- You’ll be managing a team of Product Managers and will champion hiring practices as the team grows. As a leader, you’ll be responsible for the happiness and productivity of the members of your team while fostering a culture of mentorship and collaborative delivery. We expect you to foster autonomy and ownership, but also be able to roll up your sleeves and dive in when needed. In other words, you’re a great situational leader, with a default leadership style that leans towards the “support” model.
- Have regular career growth conversations with your direct reports and coach them in areas of improvement
- Foster a growth-mindset, learning culture.
- Regularly connect with customers and partners to build direct knowledge of their needs and strong user empathy. Combine with smart use of product metrics to build a broader picture.
- Use customer insight, industry knowledge, product data, product metrics combined with a technical understanding of the product to inform product direction and strategy
- Partner with various cross-functional teams, including engineering, UX, data, marketing, and sales teams to understand the customer landscape, influence the platform direction, define the product roadmap, and benchmark the success of the platform against crisply-defined metrics.
- Establish strong async communication rhythms with your peers and leaders, practicing transparency and visibility
- Ship, analyze impact, gather feedback and always iterate
- 10+ years of experience in product management, preferably leading and scaling developer-focused products with a solid understanding of web development and the PaaS/SaaS space
- 5+ years of experience leading Product Management teams and a history of managing product leaders through periods of change and iteration
- A breadth of experience in working remotely with a high level of asynchronous communication
- A deep passion for solving complex, ambiguous problems
- A high level of comfort with ambiguity and interest in making a difference
- A good sense of ability to work autonomously and keep peers and leadership informed about progress and blockers
- A breadth of experience in defining technical requirements and understanding engineering and platform constraints.
- A high level of comfort in defining user flows and working with design colleagues and a good sense of what makes a great user experience.
- The ability to make data-driven decisions and use those to define a broader product vision.
- A collaborative, low-ego approach that leads with curiosity and a deep passion for solving complex, ambiguous problems.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include:
A resume or short listing of your job history & skills (link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). We appreciate a cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role at Netlify to get to know you a bit better, though this is not required and will not impact your application. Our mission is to “build a better web” and that cannot be done without a diversity of skill sets, backgrounds and thoughts.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team. Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know by emailing email@example.com.About Netlify
At Netlify, we’re on a mission to build a better web by making it easier than ever to build, deploy, and scale web applications. We are a Series D company with a $2B valuation and have raised over $200M from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT, Bessemer, BOND and Menlo Ventures. As a globally distributed organization, we aim to create a company culture where the best idea can come from anywhere and strive to be thoughtful, caring, and collaborative in our work within and across teams. To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our About page.
At Netlify, we are committed to equal pay for equal work. Our base compensation for this role is targeted at $210,500 - $327,000 for US-based locations. Netlify anchors our compensation philosophy on a market-based approach, therefore salary ranges may differ depending on the cost of labor in a particular location. For example, the top of the range reflects the highest paying market in the US and above range for many US cities. In addition to robust benefits, participation in Netlify’s equity plan, and incentive pay/commission for eligible roles. The starting pay will be determined based on multiple factors, including expertise and skills, market demands, experience, internal equity, and applicable geographic location. These compensation packages and ranges are subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your Talent Acquisition partner will be available to answer any questions about this policy and/or the compensation range of your specific location during the hiring process.