Namely is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our Security team. At Namely, we are self-starters and problem solvers, obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients. We are a team of smart and self-motivated engineers who are eager to learn, grow, and collaborate with each other. Each person is the owner of their work and directly impacts the success of our products and company.
As a Senior Security Engineer at Namely, you will be responsible for supporting the ongoing security operations of a platform that 1,400+ companies use to manage their employees and payroll. You will be a technical leader and contribute to the overall security strategy across the organization. The ideal candidate is a collaborative and diligent problem-solver with in-depth experience in IT and cloud security and has a strong track record of delivering high-quality results. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, shape Namely’s engineering culture, and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Stop cyber threats from compromising our data.
- Design, deploy, and operate security tools.
- Continuously monitor the environment for anomalies and indicators of compromise.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Triage security bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Identify and remediate risks in partnership with other teams and departments.
- Write effective documentation such as knowledge-base articles and runbooks.
- Be a subject matter expert for customer support, go-to-market, and compliance teams.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team player with strong technical communication skills.
- Desire to keep up with emerging threats and effective countermeasures.
- Deep experience with monitoring tools and interpreting their output.
- Seasoned incident handler able to analyze attacks and lead response efforts.
- Practical experience designing and implementing cloud security solutions, ideally in AWS.
- Operational knowledge of Kubernetes and securing microservice architectures.
- Strong understanding of agile software development.
- Coding ability in at least programming or scripting language, preferably Python, Go, or Bash.
Nice to haves
- 6+ years of experience in a technical security role
- Technical security certifications such as CISSP, CEH, or GIAC.
- Previous experience at a startup or tech company.
- Working knowledge of NIST (CSF, 800-53), CSA, and AICPA SOC 2.
- Hands-on experience with Splunk Cloud.
- Comfortable with infrastructure as code tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and Terraform.
This position has a salary range of $140,000 - $150,000 per annum with an incentive plan based on the achievement of individual and/or organizational performance metrics. Namely offers employees medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, equity, flexible spending accounts, $50,000 basic life and AD&D, free telehealthcare, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, employee stock purchase plan, paid family leave, and many other available benefits. This information is provided per the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on the market location.
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers
- Growing up with AWS
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New York 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2021
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.