We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Payroll Tax Support Analyst to join our dynamic team in the payroll software industry. As a Payroll Tax Support Analyst, you will specialize in all aspects of payroll tax, providing expert guidance and assistance to our customers. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure accurate and timely compliance with payroll tax regulations and assist customers with any payroll tax-related issues or inquiries. You will also provide support to customers in other areas of the PrismHR system and suite of products. This position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Provide specialized support to customer users regarding payroll tax inquiries, issues, and the PrismHR software application.
- Analyze customer-reported symptoms, gather relevant information, and evaluate the issue to determine the underlying problem.
- Escalate application defects and priority issues to the appropriate teams while ensuring timely resolution.
- Interact with customers to respond to inquiries, address concerns, and provide resolutions to reported payroll tax issues.
- Offer alternative solutions when appropriate to prevent disruptions in customer activities.
- Follow up with customers through phone calls or other communication channels to ensure satisfactory resolution of their payroll tax concerns.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of customer and employee information to protect operations.
- Foster strong customer relationships by making customer needs a primary focus and delivering exceptional service.
- Stay updated with the latest information, changes, updates, and new releases related to payroll taxes.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance (QA) department to assist in product testing.
- Contribute to written documentation, such as the Knowledge Base, to provide comprehensive resources for customers and internal employees.
- Provide occasional training sessions for internal employees and external customers on payroll tax-related topics.
- Proven experience with PrismHR, HRPyramid, or other PEO or ASO software preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems, including payroll, benefits, and human resources.
- In-depth understanding of payroll and payroll accounting operations.
- Demonstrated ability to handle antagonistic situations effectively and employ appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer support position desired, but not required.
- Familiarity with Vertex, Mastertax, Quickbooks, Peachtree, or Great Plains software.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining Customer Accounting in PrismHR and a general understanding of Financial Accounting.
- American Payroll Association certification is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and listening skills.
- Strong phone etiquette and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
**Notice for candidates located in the following states: CA, CO, NJ, NY, WA
Please note the base salary range for this position is between $50,000 - $60,000 annually. The salary is dependent on experience, knowledge, and skills based on the responsibilities outlined in the job description.
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New York 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2021
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.