To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla’s Data Engineering team is looking for a Senior Staff Data Platform Engineer to help build the present and future of our Data Platform infrastructure. Mozilla’s data platform serves the needs of multiple products, including the Firefox browser, from data collection through to insights, product experiences, and machine learning applications.
Our goal is to build a robust, efficient, and effective platform that makes it increasingly easy to inform Mozilla’s business and product experiences. For more details, please take a look at the overview or the Data@Mozilla blog.
Your work will include:
- Designing, building, and improving systems to reliably and efficiently process data at the scale of tens of terabytes per day, and applying those systems to solve meaningful problems for the business.
- Evaluation of new technologies.
- Crafting and improving workflows in GCP using standard, modern components such as Dataflow, BigQuery, PubSub, GKE, Airflow.
- Driving cross-functional projects with stakeholders across Mozilla, including Data Science, Product, Legal, Policy, and Engineering.
- Mentoring teammates, developing and improving engineering best practices across the Data Organization.
- ETL / ELT - Working with Data Science to design and implement useful data abstractions.
- Addressing evolving needs of active Data Products.
Your experience includes:
- Data tooling in GCP, including PubSub, BigQuery, and Dataflow (Apache Beam). Bonus points if you’ve also worked with any of the following: Looker, Fivetran, Kubernetes / GKE, Airflow / Cloud Composer. We want to talk to you if you’ve got experience with similar tools on other platforms as well.
- Advanced coding skill in SQL and Python. Some of our codebase is in Java, so experience or willingness to learn Java is a plus.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: modularity, abstraction, data structures, and algorithms.
- Tech lead, team lead, or similar leadership role.
Mozilla exists to ensure that the internet is a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID - R1978