To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to support Firefox. This is a critical leadership role that will help shape our Firefox product roadmap, drive Firefox usage and retention by advocating internally for user needs, launch compelling GTM features supported by insights-driving messaging and positioning.You’ll build deep, collaborative partnerships with our Product teams and build a bridge between product strategy and marketing strategy. And you’ll bring ideas about how we can turn product proof points into meaningful marketing content that drives new user adoption and retention.This role will partner deeply with Product leadership to evaluate, and determine ways to get to product-market-fit on all new products. This person will help deliver on the existing product roadmap and also help guide/influence what products we build in the future. This person will lead cross-functional project teams, have a strong bias for action, and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
A leader and truth-teller who can synthesize complex conversations and bring them back to first principles. But you’re equally high on an EQ scale; you listen and understand your audience in order to influence them. You can hold a room and maintain poise in an executive setting. You’re not bound to the confines of a job description and know that you may play many roles in getting our stories out to prospective and existing customers. You understand what a true marketing strategy is and have demonstrated time and again your ability to build and scale them!
- Develop strategic, insightful Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy recommendations, demonstrating a deep understanding of the competitive marketplace and industry trends
- Partner with product management team to help shape product roadmap prioritization
- Define and document positioning and messaging that will inform marketing partners to deliver effective campaigns for products and services including digital advertising, SEM, PR, social media, and retention
- Drive the process and insights of category competitive analysis that is tangible and actionable
- Demonstrable experience developing content that helps acquire, educate and retain users
- Versed in research and research methodologies that help drive insights of our users, inform our messaging/positioning, and channel recommendation and sequencing
- Experience using data to tell a story or to build a case
- Experience with overall GTM optimization
- Proven experience creating strategies and tactics that help educate and retain users
- Proven experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams for GTM strategy, activations, and product launches
Your Professional Profile:
- 8+ years of professional experience in consumer marketing
- Can demonstrate driving successful go-to-market plans that drive product adoption
- Can speak the language of product teams and marketing team with equal fluency
- Regularly lead cross-functional teams where your influence is indirect
- Excellent communication skills
- Truly gifted storyteller
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2189