Headquarters: Cedar Falls, IA
Moov is the payments processor devoted to delighting users. We help software companies add money movement to their products, letting the end-user drive how they pay and get paid.
As a Sr. Software Engineer at Moov you will build new and improve existing fintech and payment experiences that customers depend on every day.
- Work on next-generation financial products
- Lead teams of developers and mentor fellow team members
- Design and build production services using Go, Microservices, databases, and cloud solutions
- Create APIs and tooling to support products and services
- Reproduce customer issues with our tools and contribute to them
- Triage and assist incoming support requests
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, business development, and company leadership to solve problems and plan for the future
- Own the full release lifecycle from feature development to public and hosted release
- Contribute to documentation of the system
- Other duties as assigned by Moov and/or your manager
- Self-guided building and planning of production systems
- History of contributing to open source projects
- Years of experience in production environments
- Knowledge of payment systems, fintech, or online banking
- A desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- The ability to design seemingly simple and creative solutions to complex problems
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area - advanced degree preferred
Bonus points if you also have:
- Knowledge of payment platforms using RTP, Card, ACH or other payment rails
- Knowledge of ISO8583, ISO20022, Single Message Systems (SMS) and Dual Message Systems (DMS)
- Knowledge of OSS tools and active participation in OSS community
Technologies we use and teach
- Docker, Kubernetes
- MySQL, SQLite
- HTTP2, JSON
- Kafka, events, webhooks
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and sick leave
- Learning stipend and a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Home office stipend
- Ownership in the company via employee stock options
- Culture of people helping people who give first, celebrate wins together and embrace autonomy, transparency, and trust
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team passionate about solving customers’ needs and who love what they do
- Partner with a community of 3000+ developers around the world, helping them focus on possibilities vs payments
Salary range: $155k to $185k based on experience, geography, and other key factors
If you are nervous about not having the right qualifications, apply anyway! We hire people, not job roles. We look for talent that will help us push boundaries, experiment, and bring in new ideas. That means caring more about qualities than qualifications.
One more thing:
Don’t go iron your clothes for your interview (do people still own irons?). We're all pretty casual here, so you can wear whatever you are most comfortable in.
When you meet with us, have some concrete, tangible examples of when you’ve added value, improved something, created something, or done some fantastic, customer-centric work. We also want to learn about you as a person. If you want to know what it’s like working at Moov, check out stories from our employees
Share our job roles
with others! Wouldn’t it be nice to make new friends and bring over old friends? We think so.