Mixpanel is a leading product analytics software company, currently helping the world answer 81 million product questions every year. Our pioneering event-based tracking solution gives product teams the ability to gain insights into how to best acquire, convert, and retain their users across web and mobile platforms.
Powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use, Mixpanel enables teams to learn from their user data and innovate rapidly in creating winning products. Today, we serve nearly 6,000 paying customers through seven offices globally in our quest to provide the most in-depth product analytics that everyone can use and trust.
About the Team
The EMEA SMB Team, based in London, is responsible for bringing in new logos, renewing accounts, and up-selling current customers within the region. At the forefront of Mixpanel's global expansion, the SMB new business function works with Sales Engineers, Partner Managers, Marketing Executives, and our Product-led Growth team, to focus on winning new clients and helping the best startups on the market grow their product.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced German native Account Executive to join our team. Based in London office or close enough that you can make it in when needed.
You will be an impact player, able to demonstrate SaaS sales success in prospecting and acquiring new customers within the fastest growing segment, think target account base of 100-120 preselected ICPs with an average order value of circa $15k - $25k ARR.
Mixpanel classifies the smb segment as business with less than 200 employees. Typical ICP customers in this threshold would be GoHenry, Tottenham Hotspur, Popsa, Citymapper.
As a New Business Account Executive, you'll help our D-A-CH future customers understand the power of Mixpanel as the best-in-class product analytics solution in the market.
Collaboration is key, between building strong relationships with prospects and key stakeholders to working with internal cross-functional partners like Sales Engineering to win together as one team. You'll leverage your prospecting skills selling SaaS to tech companies alongside strong knowledge of Mixpanel's product and ecosystem to close new business, powering the next generation of innovative companies.
- Create a Target accounts list according to our ICP and market’s criteria (Industry, Venture Capital and Funding activity, etc.)
- Prospect into specific targeted accounts — build and maintain pipeline while owning the sales cycle from start to finish. (You will have support from cross functional teams, selling is a team sport!)
- Drive awareness of Mixpanel as a solution within your marketplace through effective outbounding while also handling inbound requests from interested prospects. We love a social AE so please be ready to share your own thoughts and content with your network.
- Approach all opportunities with a customer focused mentality. Develop relationships and uncover the needs of multiple key stakeholders to find value moments.
- Sell with a fast sale cycle and consultative approach. You will land but also expand within year 1.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key partners such as Sales Engineering, Professional Services, Product, Marketing, and Legal.
- Demo Mixpanel platform through prospect conversations (You will get enablement training and product certification!)
- Intimately understand Mixpanel's competition as well as technology partners to consult customers on our place in the broader analytics market.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Mother-tongue German and fluent English
- 3-4 years of experience within the D-A-CH Region (Ideally with data and Mar-tech solutions )
- Full cycle SaaS Sales Experience from prospect to close, as an Account Executive (related cross-functional role like Sales Engineer is a strong attribute).
- Strong outbound prospector and have had success at closing net new business deals.
- Deep understanding of MEDDPICC or similar. You need to have a process or framework for qualification and opportunity management.
- Demonstrable ability to accurately forecast
- Result focused (Experienced with Monthly forecast and Quarterly Targets)
- Effective communicator and collaborator — you have strong interpersonal skills and are an excellent team player.
- Adaptability — you understand that change is constant, and you embrace it.
- German Native and English fluent speaker (Any other EMEA 3rd language is a plus)
- Agility and resilience — you move quickly and encourage continued improvement.
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn, and a drive to excel.
- Curiosity for the product analytics space.
Bonus Points For
- Experience selling into high growth tech companies and App first Startups
- Experience with Mixpanel or other analytics tools (Segment, Iterable, Optimizely, Adjust, Appsflyer, GA, etc.)
- Effectively prospecting Mixpanel and the hiring manager.
Benefits from working for Mixpanel:
- Strong and dedicated Enablement program
- Ability to develop cross functional skills and grow within the company
- Build a network within the Tech and Startups world across the EMEA Region
- Be part of an organisation that is leading the change in its market and globally
- Enjoy a collaborative work environment
- Work when needed from our office based in buzzing Soho, London
More benefits for Mixpanel Employees are described below
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
*please note that benefits and perks for contract positions will vary*
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
We’re the leader in product analytics and have raised $277M from prominent investors like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, YC, and Bain Capital. Over the years, we’ve seen a spike in our leading indicators—signups and weekly active users—which have directly translated to revenue growth. Recently, we secured a $200M Series C growth investment from Bain Capital to accelerate our product development, expand our reach to customers, and more. Our award-winning teams make our continued growth possible by finding creative solutions to ever-changing challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and service. Today, we’re the only company single-mindedly focused on enabling the world’s most innovative companies to use data to uncover insights about their customers to build better products.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. At Mixpanel, we are focused on things that really matter—our people, our customers, our partners—out of a recognition that those relationships are the most valuable assets we have. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We’ve immersed ourselves in our Culture and Values as our guiding principles for the impact we want to have and the future we are building.
Refer a Friend!
Refer a friend through the Mixpanel Non-Employee Referral Program and you could receive a one-time referral payment up to $3,000! The program is open to persons unaffiliated with our business to assist Mixpanel in attracting, hiring, and retaining the very best talent. To submit a referral, please complete this form.