MetroStar Systems is looking for a Sr. Operations Support Engineer that is passionate about providing top tier customer support to end users in a fast paced and dynamic environment. If you want to join a company that values customer service in IT systems and are open to commuting to Suiwe want you to work for MetroStar.
Our Census team is responsible for ensuring health of the public facing mission critical data dissemination platform for the United States Census Bureau. Come be a game changer and join our team!
You're a great fit if:
- You enjoy fast paced environment
- You’re passionate about problem solving, exploring new toolsets, developing solutions to improve efficiency of operations team, providing the best resolutions in the shortest period of time possible, and providing superior customer support
- You have experience in providing 24x7x365 operations and maintenance support for web apps / public facing environments
- You are passionate about working with customers to ensure incidents are resolved in a timely manner with minimal interruptions
You'll love our position if… (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have led operations team in establishing processes and tool sets to identify, manage and resolve service level incident of production facing systems
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience with systems administration and/or operations support experience in a Linux/Unix environment
- You have a strong understanding of Apache and Tomcat
- You have experience in Linux and bash or shell scripting
- You have working experience of system and application troubleshooting methodologies to address reliability, performance, and scalability issues
- You're flexible to provide after-hours and rotational weekend support
- You have experience identifying and implementing production environment monitoring and notification strategy to ensure reliability of the production environments 24x7x365
We'll REALLY love you if… (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have working experience with Java Web Services RESTful (primary), WSDL, XML and supporting integration and enabling access via API calls (JDBC preferred)
- You have experience with ELK (Elastic Logstash and Kibana) stack
What your day will look like:
- You’ll work closely with development teams to resolve issues and provide hands-on support for executive-level stakeholders and end users
- You’ll work to identify and resolve problems that may arise and restoration of full capacity operations for failed application components
- You’ll provide documentation on issues, root cause analysis and resolutions
- You’ll troubleshoot issues with the infrastructure will close collaboration with external stakeholders and infrastructure teams to coordinate efforts
- You’ll prepare environments for new software releases to ensure current operations and product deployments are uninterrupted or unaffected
- You’ll provide routine system maintenance or manage planned downtime
- This position requires after-hours support and rotational weekend support during what are considered to be normal business hours (8AM- 5PM) as needed
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a Public Trust. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required. Please note we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.