Do you want to make a dent in improving how our nation uses data for better decision-making? Do you have a passion for solving some of the toughest challenges and pushing the boundaries of leading-edge technologies? At MetroStar, we are transforming how data can be discovered, accessed, and consumed for public good.
As a Sr. Principal, Enterprise Data Management, you’ll work with a team of highly talented and passionate individuals to design and develop an enterprise-wide data dissemination platform for one of the largest data agencies in the nation. If you want to join a company that is fanatically obsessed with creating value of our people and clients, we want you to work for MetroStar!
Don’t meet every single Must Have? Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team.
You're a great fit if you:
- A passion for data, problem solving, and providing data to end users in the best way possible
- You have experience working in enterprise-scale, cross-functional teams that develop mission-critical, data-intensive software applications in a hybrid on-prem and cloud environment
- You enjoy working in an Agile environment and group setting in order to provide timely, effective, and customized software solutions to your customer
- You possess excellent communication skills across all levels to articulate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, stakeholders, and technical resources in clear concise language
You'll love our opportunity if you have: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- 15+ years (10 years minimum) managing data quality programs or activities.
- Knowledge and experience with developing and managing data quality programs, to include operational procedures to manage data and development and use of data management metrics
- Knowledge and experience with metadata management, including defining and incorporating metadata standards for business, operational and technical metadata
- Knowledge and experience with data storage technologies including relational databases, NoSQL databases and big data platforms
- Knowledge and experience with data searching technologies, specifically the Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana platforms
- Experience with data modeling tools and process, architecting data systems (transactional and warehouses), layered data architectures, aggregating results/compiling information for reporting
- Experience with supporting data needs for web services design and development in enterprise-scale systems, processes, and micro-service-based architectures
- Experience on the interpretation and implementation of Federally mandated policies, procedures, and other directives to assist in meeting agency compliance requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- The ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
We'll REALLY love it if you have: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- Experience working at the U.S. Census Bureau and/or hands-on experience with Census data.
- Knowledge and experience in development of policies and procedures for quality assurance and testing management (e.g., testing procedures, testing scope, testing release conditions like test coverage).
- Experience in providing guidance related to the enhancement of automated systems to incorporate new policies, procedures, and directives.
- Experience gathering and providing evidence for root cause analysis, technical debt, and defect regression analysis.
What your day will look like:
- You’ll be accountable for enterprise-wide data analysis, data management, standard data integration and data exchanges
- You’ll assist with the development and implementation of data strategy, information architecture, data governance, data quality, data security, and master data management processes and practices
- You’ll develop business, logical and technical data architectures, including data models, data quality plans and assessments, and functional data processes as well as assist in milestone planning and project execution
- You’ll interact with a cross functional team of business analysts, developers, testers, scrum masters and product owners to design, development and implement features and capabilities
- You’ll identify and communicate risks, issues, and dependencies to your team as well as the program and mitigate them in a timely manner
- You’ll develop, cultivate, and manage customer relationships
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.