As a GCP Cloud Security & Operations Engineer, you’ll provide cloud security expertise to establish full production capabilities, documentation and operational activities from a security perspective, with the goal to make an impact across the federal government.
We know that you can’t have great technology services without amazing people. At MetroStar, we are obsessed with our people and have led a two-decade legacy of building the best and brightest teams. Because we know our future relies on our deep understanding and relentless focus on our people, we live by our mission: A passion for our people. Value for our customers.
If you think you can see yourself delivering our mission and pursuing our goals with us, then check out the job description below!
What you’ll do:
- Help to design and maintain Cloud services in pre-production and production systems, operations and data.
- Validate GCP configuration of security firewalls, identity and access management, and Chronicle (SIEM - security incident and event management), including reviewing or implementing current configurations to ensure security, documenting the correct configurations and knowledge management.
- Mentor and train team members to understanding how Cloud Armor and other GCP security systems such as Google Security Center to operate and maintain a strong security posture.
- Establish security roles & responsibilities for enterprise operations, including Secrets management (API Secrets, cloud Secrets & Client Auth Secrets).
- Review and establish operations for KrakenD (Gateway), Kafka, Docker, and KeyCloak To finalize the security team role in client onboarding, key management and secrets management, including generating certificates associated with RSA public-private key pairs.
- Work closely with developers to maintain production operations in the near term, and document a plan to separate developers from production systems, operations, and data.
- Support documentation efforts to include Deliverables include baseline configuration standards for audits, current configuration reports, system-level security requirements and detailed documentation covering people, process, and tools, security architecture decks, and Developer to Production security support plan.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience developing and managing cybersecurity products, services and solutions in Google Cloud Platform at scale in pre-Production and Production environments.
- 3+ years of experience managing GCP firewall configuration, identity and access management, SIEM - security incident and event management (e.g. Chronicle) settings.
- Hands-on experience with IDAM and Secrets management, including API Secrets, cloud Secrets & Client Auth Secrets.
- Demonstrated expertise in auditing and establishing cybersecurity operations, managing Keys & Secrets, and generating certs & RSA public-private key pairs.
- Demonstrated ability to automate tools and Infrastructure-as-Code to manage installations, pipelines, and scripting.
- Ability to employ strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to influence and build consensus across a broad range of backgrounds, organizational levels and personalities.
Like we said, we are big fans of our people. That’s why we offer a generous benefits package, professional growth, and valuable time to recharge. Learn more about our company culture code and benefits. Plus, check out our accolades.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so, if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
What we want you to know:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Not ready to apply now?
Sign up to join our newsletter here.