As a Software Developer, you will work as part of an agile scrum team, working with Ruby on Rails and React to complete user stories across two-week sprints. You will also collaborate with other developers to deliver new features and enhancements to public-facing and internal web applications supporting a federal government agency, with the goal to make an impact across the federal government.
We know that you can’t have great technology services without amazing people. At MetroStar, we are obsessed with our people and have led a two-decade legacy of building the best and brightest teams. Because we know our future relies on our deep understanding and relentless focus on our people, we live by our mission: A passion for our people. Value for our customers.
If you think you can see yourself delivering our mission and pursuing our goals with us, then check out the job description below!
What you’ll do:
- Participate in all agile scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Backlog Refinement, Retrospectives) to complete user stories using Ruby on Rails and React.
- Deliver continuous value U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the Department of Homeland Security through enhancements of their web applications.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative and communicative development team.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years’ experience with a web-based application framework (Ruby on Rails backend, React Frontend).
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proven full stack application development experience with React Front End and Ruby back end, as well as database technologies including Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Experience working as part of an agile development team and building production web applications for a cloud provider.
- Experience with Git based source code repositories such as Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability clearance.
Like we said, we are big fans of our people. That’s why we offer a generous benefits package, professional growth, and valuable time to recharge. Learn more about our company culture code and benefits. Plus, check out our accolades.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so, if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
What we want you to know:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Not ready to apply now?
Sign up to join our newsletter here.