MetroStar is an award-winning IT management consulting firm that works with over 20 civilian federal agencies across law enforcement, foreign affairs, military, and regulatory. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer who is passionate about bringing creative software solutions to end customers. If you want to join a company that values people that are fearless about making technology work, we want you to work for MetroStar!
Don’t meet every single Must Have? Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
You’re a great fit if:
- You have strong communication skills: able to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have strong problem-solving capabilities
- You are adaptable and able to learn new technologies
- You have experience working with an integrated cross-functional Agile Scrum development team from User Experience Designers to API Developers and Data Engineers.
You’ll love our Full Stack Developer role if you have: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- a bachelor’s degree or higher
- 4+ years of back-end development experience with PHP, .Net and/or Java
- 4+ years of front-end development experience with languages such as HTML, CSS, and JS
- experience working with Microsoft SQL Server backed web applications
- experience working in an Azure Environment
- working knowledge of accessibility and 508-compliance
- an active Public Trust clearance or the ability to obtain/maintain
We’ll really love if you have: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- Basic understanding of API design, web servers, cloud architectures, CI/CD DevOps processes and tools (ex. Jenkins), and backend development including database architecture and data models (SQL, PostgreSQL).
- Expertise with Developer Tools and processes including version control (Git) and Agile tracking tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Certifications in Azure and or Agile
- Experience with supporting Federal projects in a highly dynamic agile environment
- Ability to discuss technical details with a client in terms they can understand
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.