MetroStar Systems is seeking a skilled Full Stack Developer with a passion for modern programming languages and keeping on top of the latest development trends. You’ll help engineer tools to modernization outdated paper-based process into digital that directly impact nationwide agencies via cutting edge cloud and software development practices. You’ll focus on human factors, while defining a modern DevOps practice. Our work makes a difference, and we have an impact. Come be a game changer and join our team!
Don’t meet every single Must Have? Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
You're a great fit if:
- You have strong communication skills: able to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have strong problem-solving capabilities
- You are adaptable and able to learn new technologies
You'll love our Application Developer role if you have: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- 2+ years' of proven full stack application development experience with Ruby back end and React Front End, as well as database technologies including Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- excellent communication skills, written and oral
- strong team building and collaboration skills
- 2+ years’ experience with a web-based application framework
- strong experience building production web applications to a cloud provider
- strong experience with Git based source code repositories such as Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket.
- strong agile development experience
- the ability to obtain and maintain DHS Suitability
We'll REALLY love you if you have: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- front end development experience with technologies such as HTML/CSS/JS and back-end development experience with Java and Python.
- a certification in AWS, Azure, and or Agile (e.g., CSM)
- experience with supporting Federal and/or commercial project which include up to 200+ developers in a highly dynamic agile environment
- experience building MVPs and prototypes to support exploration and adoption of new technologies
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.