As a Front End Developer, you’ll support a cloud provisioning program utilizing Amazon Commercial Cloud Infrastructure and services, with the goal to make an impact across the federal government.
We know that you can’t have great technology services without amazing people. At MetroStar, we are obsessed with our people and have led a two-decade legacy of building the best and brightest teams. Because we know our future relies on our deep understanding and relentless focus on our people, we live by our mission: A passion for our people. Value for our customers.
If you think you can see yourself delivering our mission and pursuing our goals with us, then check out the job description below!
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop user interfaces for software applications using industry-standard design and development tools.
- Collaborate with product owners, software developers, and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into intuitive and engaging user interfaces.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to identify user needs and improve the user experience.
- Develop and maintain design guidelines, templates, and standards to ensure consistent user interfaces across multiple applications.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging UI/UX trends and technologies to continuously improve our software interfaces.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and design specifications to communicate design concepts to stakeholders.
- Ensure that designs comply with security and accessibility standards, and that user interfaces are user-friendly and easy to navigate.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction.
- 5+ years of experience in UI/UX design and development.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating experience designing complex user interfaces for desktop and mobile applications.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and working in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to obtain a security clearance.
Like we said, we are big fans of our people. That’s why we offer a generous benefits package, professional growth, and valuable time to recharge. Learn more about our company culture code and benefits. Plus, check out our accolades.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so, if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
What we want you to know:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Not ready to apply now?
Sign up to join our newsletter here.