As a Data Engineer, you’ll work with our team and our clients to develop enterprise-grade data platforms, services, and pipelines, with the goal to make an impact across the federal government.
We know that you can’t have great technology services without amazing people. At MetroStar, we are obsessed with our people and have led a two-decade legacy of building the best and brightest teams. Because we know our future relies on our deep understanding and relentless focus on our people, we live by our mission: A passion for our people. Value for our customers.
If you think you can see yourself delivering our mission and pursuing our goals with us, then check out the job description below!
What you’ll do:
- Lead and architect migration of data environments with performance and reliability.
- Assess and understand the ETL jobs, workflows, BI tools, and reports.
- Address technical inquiries concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture, and general feature/functionality of data products.
- Craft Cloud database and data warehouse solutions in the cloud (experience within Azure or a similar cloud environment preferred).
- Support an Agile software development lifecycle and contribute to the growth of our Data Exploitation Practice!
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Ability to hold a position of public trust with the U.S. government.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or a scientific or technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 5 years of experience and advanced working SQL knowledge; includes experience working with relational databases, query authoring and optimization (SQL), as well as a working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- 5 years direct experience in Data Engineering with experience in tools such as:
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Azure cloud services: Azure Data Factory (or AWS equivalents)
- Data streaming systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Search tools: Solr, Lucene, Elasticsearch
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, manipulating structured and unstructured data for analysis, and constructing complex queries to analyze results using databases or in a data processing development environment.
- Experience with data modeling tools and processes, along with experience aggregating results and/or compiling information for reporting from multiple datasets.
Like we said, we are big fans of our people. That’s why we offer a generous benefits package, professional growth, and valuable time to recharge. Learn more about our company culture code and benefits. Plus, check out our accolades.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so, if you’re excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
What we want you to know:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Not ready to apply now?
Sign up to join our newsletter here.