Do you want to make a dent in improving how our nation uses data for better decision-making? Do you have a passion for solving some of the toughest challenges and pushing the boundaries of leading-edge technologies? At MetroStar, we are transforming how data can be discovered, accessed, and consumed by the public for the public.
MetroStar Systems is looking for a Automation Test Engineer with a background in implementing test automation framework and solutions for data intensive applications. If you want to join a company that is fanatically obsessed with creating value of our people and clients, we want you to work for MetroStar!
Don’t meet every single Must Have? Studies have shown that women, people of color and the LGBTQ+ community are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MetroStar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to go ahead and apply. We pride ourselves on making great matches, and you may be the perfect match for this role or another one we have. Best of luck! – The MetroStar People & Culture Team
You’re a great fit if…
- You like working with relevant stakeholders to gather technical requirements, develop test cases, and requirements traceability
- You’re passionate about working with automated testing tools, specifically on data intensive applications
- You understand the importance of implementing the details while viewing the strategic goal
- You have good communication (written and verbal) skills to present/demo your work on a regular basis
- You can work independently and take ownership of your tasks to completion and enjoy working collaboratively with team members
- Strong desire to see quality products advanced through releases from development to production
You’ll love this position if you have… (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- 2+ years automated testing (non-manual) in all areas of the SDLC (i.e, front-end, back-end, middle-tier)
- 2+ years of experience as an automation engineer in creating new automated tests in Java using Junit 5 or TestNG
- Advanced, hands-on experience with Selenium testing
- Hands-on ability able to enhance a test framework design and implementation
- A Bachelor's degree
- the ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
We’ll REALLY love you if you…. (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- 2+ years with testing tools/libraries for API based testing using (REST Assured, JSON or Postman)
- have working knowledge of Git and Maven
- have experience setting up automated testing pipelines using Jenkins and Linux scripting
- previously had ownership over the data quality of a product or project, including test planning and execution, and maintaining test scripts
- have used Eclipse as your IDE in previous projects
- tracked issues with Jira
- have experience collaborating and presenting your work to customer and end-users
What your day will look like:
- You’ll work with technical leads, business analysts, product owners, developers, manual testers, etc. to design and develop test automation solutions to validate data and metadata delivery pipelines
- You’ll provide day-to-day support on testing related activities, such as converting manual test cases to automated regression test scripts and actively maintaining test scripts
- You’ll prioritize product releases in a CI/CD pipeline
- You’ll participate in Agile ceremonies and deliver on your commitments
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.