Account Director - Consulting & Professional Services
Location: Our campus located near Spitalfields, and remote working
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time - Flexible or part-time working considered
Salary Bracket: £75,000 - £85,000
Reporting to: Head of Partnerships, Commercial Partnerships Team
Everyone deserves a job they love. At Makers, we retrain people as software developers and kickstart their careers by placing them in tech teams across the UK.
You deserve a job you love, and we’ve got one for you.
Makers is Europe’s first and leading ‘coding bootcamp’ - where career-changers retrain as software developers. Founded in 2013, we’ve helped more than 2,200 people begin a new career in software, building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.
We’re pretty good at what we do, according to our clients (both developers and employers), industry bodies, the press and the government. We can only get better by working with you.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are looking for an Account Director within our Commercial Partnerships Team. This exciting opportunity will develop existing and new relationships across our key enterprise accounts within Consulting and Professional Services.
You will drive forward and forge key relationships with CTOs, CIOs, Technology Leads and People Executives.
Success in this role is contributing to building the growth of our commercial partnerships that in turn helps our Makers graduates secure the best career. You will build relationships with external stakeholders, secure meetings to present solutions to their tech talent challenges and coach our clients.
What you’ll be doing - Responsibilities
- Ensuring a regular cadence of meetings are secured with decision makers across Makers target clients
- Winning new and additional work for Makers by forming long term partnerships with clients
- Developing, in collaboration with internal stakeholders, a contract delivery plan to ensure smooth handover process to customer success colleagues within Makers
- Collaborating with Marketing, Product and Training teams on an ongoing basis to ensure a continuous feedback loop so we deliver the best possible service to our clients
- Ensuring accurate recording of data within the CRM to support reporting and visibility across teams
- Acting as a coach, adviser and expert to our clients, advising them on how to address challenges and meet their long term needs
- You will have the proven ability to access key industry players (companies and individuals) to generate new leads across relevant industries
- A background in tech (ideally you will have worked with technology - either in industry, in consulting, or sold a technology product). An ability to write code would be advantageous but not required
- The proven ability to initiate conversations which lead to six figure deals or in working directly with CTOs and CIOs in delivering large technology projects
- Analytical skills required to produce data-driven insights to support a disciplined sales process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We think that candidates with different experience could be successful in this role. Whether your career focus to date has been sales, product, or consulting, if you think you can deliver the role - we'd love to hear from you.
Who you are
- Networked: You have built up a list of tech industry leaders who trust you and are happy to meet with you
- Performance and results-driven: You've got a proven track record of performance success and influence which has resulted in winning business
- Commercial: You’ve sold to and managed sales processes - either products or projects - with large enterprise corporations and know the ropes around best practice when these companies are your clients
- Adaptable: We’re a mature startup moving into a scale up and as a result, you’ll embrace the ebb and flow of changes to the business as it makes this transition
- Feedback: You care a lot about giving and receiving feedback, using this to improve
At Makers we’re proud of our environment which is built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives. We value growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively. We care about being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each other.
- We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum. We encourage our team to take at least 30 days a year (excluding UK Bank Holidays), including a Winter and Spring break when we shut down between late December and January, and mid year for a week. The whole company takes a break, so you’ll have peace of mind in knowing that nobody is working, not just you.
- We embrace holistic health at Makers, where mental health matters and is just as important as physical health, which is why we offer unlimited fully paid wellness leave from day 1.
- Private Medical Insurance (after you’ve been with us at least 3 months);
- £500 Learning & Development allowance per annum and paid time off dedicated to your training & learning;
- Join twice-weekly yoga and daily meditation sessions run for the staff and students;
- 20% discount on classes & treatments at Triyoga studies across London;
- Company pension contributions;
- Enhanced parental pay & leave - up to 20 weeks fully paid maternity leave, up to 8 weeks fully paid paternity & secondary caregiver leave, and up to 20 weeks fully paid adoption leave.
- Access to a Perks at Work account which provides access to a range of shopping and other leisure discounts;
We’re building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included - we know we can do a lot better, and we’re committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Makers, first, we’re sorry; and second, we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.