The Live Content Creator is a member of the Live Content team and is primarily responsible for capturing video and photo content using professional cameras of on-field baseball experiences for the league, club and player’s marketing needs. Beyond day-to-day coverage, content might be used for brand campaigns, editorial pieces, and external stakeholders to further elevate the growth of baseball. This is a part-time, seasonal position covering MLB games and events in the assigned city reporting back to the Live Content team based in New York City. This role requires night and weekends through the year and requires flexibility to be available on short notice. Travel might be required.
About the Live Content Program
Major League Baseball’s Live Content Program within MLB’s Creative Studio is a premiere content creation program leading the way in content capturing and innovation among all professional sports leagues. The program consists of photographers, filmmakers, and editors who have a passion for not only capturing compelling content but being at the forefront with engaging with the next generation of baseball fans. This program provides young & professional creators an opportunity to continue their creative and visual career while also learning from the best content creators in sports.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma and/or college work.
- 1+ years of professional quality photography and videography experience.
- Experience with DSLR or mirrorless cameras in a sports environment.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and what content works best on each.
- Proficient understanding of viral content.
- Familiarity with MLB and overall baseball current storylines.
- Love for visual storytelling.
- Conducts professionally on the field representing Major League Baseball.
- Editing skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut or similar platforms is a plus.
- Spanish-Language is a plus.
- Interview experience is a plus.
- A love for the game of baseball.
Conducting Core Work Activities
- Commits to work on assigned scheduled dates.
- Follows directions from NYC-based live content team to understands daily needs, storylines and prepares for special requests from social platforms and marketing and league needs.
- Attends home games/events onsite to capture pregame, in-game, and post-game content for both home and visiting teams, player marketing, and the league in photo/video formats to send over for real-time distribution.
- Generates content primarily for game day but may also create content for marketing promotions and sponsorship activations on social and editorial platforms.
- Produces content on a nightly basis and edits on tight deadlines.
- Abides to MLB HR compliance policies.
MLB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate ambition and enthusiasm when taking on challenges
- Proactively take action, holding self and others accountable
- Be agile and prepared to quickly adapt when priorities unexpectedly shift
- Logically analyze data and systematically weigh options to determine the best solution
- Make sense of complex and sometimes contradictory information to solve problems
- Apply knowledge of functional industry and organization to develop new approaches or strategies
- Remove barriers and work in partnership across organizational boundaries to accomplish goals
- Promote a positive team environment and take time to raise morale
- Seek out diverse viewpoints and practice inclusive treatment of others
- Convey written and verbal messages that effectively inform and gain interest or support
- Successfully determine the appropriate parties that need information and communicate in a concise, timely manner
- Actively listen to gain a full understanding of what was said
- Build trusted relationships, networks, partnerships, and alliances
- Connect with others in a transparent and honest manner
- Anticipate and fully service the needs of stakeholders, including colleagues, owners, clubs, corporate partners and fans
Developing Self and Others
- Proactively pursue opportunities to learn and build new skills
- Seek and provide feedback to strengthen and improve development areas
- Actively learn through experimentation, using success and failures as learning opportunities
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is an hourly rate of $23.50. The actual offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision.
California Residents: Have you reviewed our CCPA policy?