The Associate Content Producer is a member of the Live Content team and is primarily responsible for supplementation of short and long form video content for MLB’s Creative Studio. This can include video content for the league and player’s social media channels, brand campaigns, and external/internal partners that are stakeholders of MLB Marketing. This is a part-time, seasonal position with the flexibility of remote work and covering various MLB games and events in their assigned region. The position reports to Sr. Content Producer of Live Content team based in New York City. This role requires the flexibility to travel, available nights and weekends throughout the year, and to be available upon short notice.
About the Live Content Program
Major League Baseball’s Live Content Program within MLB’s Creative Studio is a premiere content creation program leading the way in content capturing and innovation among all professional sports leagues. The program consists of photographers, filmmakers, and editors who have a passion for not only capturing compelling content but being at the forefront with engaging with the next generation of baseball fans. This program provides young & professional creators an opportunity to continue their creative and visual career while also learning from the best content creators in sports.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in marketing, film, photography or related major
- 2+ years of relevant professional sports and/or production experience.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, more specifically Premiere and After Effects.
- Knowledge of DSLR and mirrorless camera systems. (i.e. Canon, Sony, Blackmagic, Red systems)
- Solid storytelling through video.
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of current creative trends
- Familiarity with MLB and overall baseball current storylines.
- Professional use of the Spanish language is a plus (written and spoken)
Conducting Core Work Activities
- Commits to work on assigned scheduled dates.
- Collaborates with NYC-based live content leadership to create new and fresh content for the MLB brand and the verticals that exist within the marketing department.
- Attends games/events onsite, to capture pregame, in-game, or postgame content that can live in multiple facets whether that be organically or for post-production needs.
- Produces content on a nightly basis and edits on tight deadlines.
- Has the ability to be a self-contained content creator (Plan, shoot, edit, deliver)
- Creates short content ideas on the fly that can be enticing for social and editorial platforms (i.e. exciting play, records being broken, highlighting a rivalry, or brand-leading initiatives).
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of what’s happening around the league.
- Abides to MLB HR compliance policies.
MLB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate ambition and enthusiasm when taking on challenges
- Proactively take action, holding self and others accountable
- Be agile and prepared to quickly adapt when priorities unexpectedly shift
- Logically analyze data and systematically weigh options to determine the best solution
- Make sense of complex and sometimes contradictory information to solve problems
- Apply knowledge of functional industry and organization to develop new approaches or strategies
- Remove barriers and work in partnership across organizational boundaries to accomplish goals
- Promote a positive team environment and take time to raise morale
- Seek out diverse viewpoints and practice inclusive treatment of others
- Convey written and verbal messages that effectively inform and gain interest or support
- Successfully determine the appropriate parties that need information and communicate in a concise, timely manner
- Actively listen to gain a full understanding of what was said
- Build trusted relationships, networks, partnerships, and alliances
- Connect with others in a transparent and honest manner
- Anticipate and fully service the needs of stakeholders, including colleagues, owners, clubs, corporate partners and fans
Developing Self and Others
- Proactively pursue opportunities to learn and build new skills
- Seek and provide feedback to strengthen and improve development areas
- Actively learn through experimentation, using success and failures as learning opportunities
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is an hourly rate of $28. The actual offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision.
California Residents: Have you reviewed our CCPA policy?