MURAL’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration.
MURAL created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, MURAL is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 900 “MURAListas” around the world collaborate in the MURAL® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
MURAL has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
The Personalization product pillar at MURAL helps members create a personalized space for collaboration through content discovery, content management, and collaboration insights.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will grow our business by developing features specifically targeted to improve these personalized experiences in our product and help us expand globally.
Our belief is simple: Support our members to get the right templates and learning content, so they can apply the best collaboration practices to their work. Your role as a Senior Software Engineer makes that a reality.
In this role, you will report directly to Engineering Manager and:
- Join a diverse team with a great attitude to teach and learn
- Work in a cross-functional team and work closely with Product and Design
- Leverage your collaboration skills and sense of teamwork, pair with teammates and proactively help them as needed.
- Be a problem solver, use your resources to work autonomously and bring new ideas to our work sharing your particular experience and knowledge
- Collaborate in our team’s technical designs
- Help break large pieces of work into milestones and smaller deliverables, considering long-term implications
- Be encouraged to identify problems within the current team processes, and offer solutions to solve them
- Fully understand user requirements and pain points to solve them and take ownership of your product
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- A MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or 5 years of proven experience in a similar position
- Strong technical skills (knowledge about software design patterns, algorithmic structures and algorithmic complexity)
- You have designed systems that are used in large scale production environments
- You can provide analysis of complex problems and recommend solutions
- Lead moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Implemented automated unit and integration tests and ensure the practice is followed consistently
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Express, Babel, Webpack
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Experience building APIs via REST and JSON (Bonus: with NodeJS)
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, ESLint, Jasmine, Jest, Cucumber
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently from a remote location
- You have a bias for action and motivation to learn
Ideally you have...
- Experience with integrating internal and 3rd party API's / services
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc)
- Strong communication skills to support collaboration on cross-functional teams
Please submit your resume in English.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- MURALvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- MURAL free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.