Manager - Sample Room
Manager - Sample Room
We are looking for a professional to lead the Product Development and pre-production processes effectively and efficiently by forecasting customer requirements and providing technical advice to develop most effective & efficient sewing methods. He/ She needs to facilitate to meet the set Production Start Date (PSD) and customer on time Delivery (OTD) while developing a flexible and competent work force with the development sample room.
· Facilitate sample making process to meet the Production Start Date PSD), ensure required resources are available & allocated on time by adhering to quality standards (FTT) and maintain performance levels and timely deliveries.
· Monitor the development cutting/ moulding process, analyse resource requirement and manage capacity and ensure flexible communication with customer interface team for all test orders and bulk sample production.
· Analyse and review customer sample demand and ensure optimum utilisation of available resources while giving necessary feedback to relevant technical teams regarding sample room capacity.
· Monitor and guide the team to timely dispatch samples to meet diverse customer development calendars whilst ensuring the effective management of sample analysis, identifying style specifications, quality points measurements etc .
· Analyse and address issues related to technical /cutting /patterns /consumption to ensure uninterrupted sample development operation
· Ensure the timely transfer of all style development information to production, highlight necessary critical requirements, challenges, special conditions to safeguard the smooth functioning of the production process
· Demonstrate a deep understanding of sample garment construction and sewing techniques while providing technical advice/guidance to Technicians and Sample Operators to develop the most effective sewing methods
Qualifications and Experience:
· Degree in production or industrial engineering management with 6-7 years’ industrial experience from Design to manufacturing with relevant managerial experience.
· Strong people management and communication skills with experience of leading and managing large teams