EXECUTIVE – PROJECT ENGINEER
(BASED AT BIYAGAMA)
To Manage Engineering Projects to ensure all projects are delivered within scope, budget and time by proper initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing, whilst ensuring adherence to compliance, health and safety standards, thereby meeting business expectations.
- Liaise with Plant Engineers and other relevant stakeholders to study user requirements, establish design specifications, preliminary layouts and support prepare Requirement for Proposal (RFP) and support to prepare Project Brief, Budgets and Schedule meetings to understand for work elements in order to update the senior management.
- Communicate and coordinate with consultants, contractors and internal stake holders on the design/ technical aspects and related issues in order to make sure the project is completed as per agreed timelines and coordinate all activities among multiple contractors on site and other stakeholders and keep PM informed of any challenges or risks which may alter project objectives.
- Assist Project Manager in the Tender Process by gathering and collating requirements from internal stakeholders, arranging meetings with the Tenderers in order to finalize a Tenderer for the project.
- Ensure health and safety and other set procedures are timely and clearly informed to all contractors and same is strictly adhered in order to ensure safety is considered as a key priority in all project sites.
- Coordinate all activities among multiple contractors on site and other stakeholders and keep PM informed of any challenges or risks which may alter project objectives and ensure health and safety and other set procedures are timely and clearly informed to all contractors and same is strictly adhered in order to ensure safety is considered as a key priority in all project sites.
- Assist in organizing meetings with internal and external stakeholders related to all renovation and new construction projects in order to measure the progression on above projects and keeping an accurate record and maintaining an electronic data base of all elements of the projects thereby, ensuring the availability of same as and when required
- Ensure in completing the purchasing process of products and services required for projects, connect with central CPU team to finalize the payment process in order to make sure an uninterrupted workflow and ensure compliance with the defined governance framework including upholding the MAS DNA, following, group/company polices procedures*, best practices (where the group/company policies and procedures are not defined), relevant laws regulations and undertake every necessary action to comply with the governance framework
- Ensure that the environment, safety and health standards of the organization are adhered to while actively contribute towards promoting a culture of safety and environmental consciousness within and outside the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering.
- Minimum 1 year post graduate experience in Project Management preferably in construction projects.
- Excellent knowledge design and Project Management software such as AutoCAD and MS Project.
- Familiarity with BOI and other statutory rules & regulations and construction industry standards & best practices
- Leadership skills, Project Management Skills and Decision-making ability
- Knowledge on conditions of contract and contact administration