EXECUTIVE – FINANCE
(BASED AT BIYAGAMA)
To facilitate the accounting process by engaging in the finalization of budgeting, month-end financial, verifying petty cash payments, maintaining the sound control environment to avoid frauds risk and be in compliance with governance goals and to monitor the performance of the business unit.
- Finalize the monthly financials, oversee the posting of entries into the General Ledger by the Accounts Executives and ensure that the Profit & loss/ balance sheets are prepared in a timely and accurate manner whilst checking on relevant documentation with the Manager – Finance prior to reporting of same.
- Comply with corporate, statutory, and legal requirements and prepare financial statements, whilst ensuring such reports meet set accounting standards/ practices for compliance purpose.
- Monitor and analysis capex expenditure and provide relevant information to the management on return on investment and ensuring all capex expenditure is incurred as per the group accounting policies and procedures.
- Preparation and analysis of annual budgets for the relevant units as per SBU guidelines accurately and in a timely manner
- Facilitate the weekly/monthly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reviews for the relevant plants/Units.
- Partner with the management of the division to manage overhead within the budget and to provide financial input in making key operational decisions.
- Check and approve payments in line with budgetary controls and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Perform detailed check on plant petty cash payments to ensure that petty cash payments and reimbursement accurate and comply with SOP.
- Any deviation from policies, SOPs, Key controls should be identified, and corrective actions are taken on timely manner
- Perform relevant activities to ensure that balance sheet accounts are reconciled and cleared monthly by liaising with the relevant persons/ team.
- Perform relevant activities to Monitor and follow up Advance, GRIR balances and clear in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the environment, safety and health standards of the organization are adhered to while actively contribute towards promoting a culture of safety and environmental consciousness within and outside the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma / Degree/ Part qualification in Finance
- 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar capacity
- Sound Negotiation skills
- Good coordination skills
- IT Literacy