Assistant Manager - Material Development
Assistant Manager Material Development
We seek to attract a result oriented professional with the capability to identify customers’ unarticulated needs and provide material technological solutions, ensure successful implementation of all projects/ innovation initiatives and collaborate with internal/external partners based on current development methods so as to meet the organizational objectives in a timely and profitable manner.
· Identify the potential needs of customers and seek new innovative technologies in order to create new business opportunities while taking the ownership of assigned innovation projects to complete on time.
· Collaborate with potential external/internal technology partners and involve in creating necessary NDA agreements while Identifying IP opportunities and initiate the required IP protection process.
· Provide strong technical input for raw material formulations to deliver enhanced performance of technologies by engaging with the innovation tech partners.
· Investigate on material science & technology, drive new initiatives and apply new technologies while conducting costing initiatives to commercialize the products using such technologies.
· Facilitate inter-departmental coordination between Innovation, Design, Production and Technical teams for new material innovation adoptions, in order to ensure smooth concept execution.
· Responsible for the completion of customer specification sheet and ensure necessary updates are shared within the material development team timely and the signed off spec can be utilized in seasonal developments.
· Critically assess the areas for improvements in the methods, applications and processes of the material developments and analyse past consumption patterns and foresee future requirements when preparing budgets.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Degree in Fabric Technology with minimum 5 years industrial experience
· In-depth technical/ practical knowledge in all Textile material (polymer to finished garment)
· Team leadership, Negotiation skills, Analytical and presentation skills