Headquarters: Phoenix, AZ
We are looking for an Azure SQL DBA with 2+ years of experience to join our fast-growing emerging tech company.
You are passionate about your work and treat it as a craft. You are intrinsically motivated and proactive in getting things done. You have good problem-solving capabilities and strong programming fundamentals. You care about the product and focused on building the best product rather than the job title, office politics, and don’t care for hierarchy and bureaucracy. If this is you and you are eager to join a fast-growing company and would like to play a major role in shaping the company, you should apply.
About Lotus Labs
Lotus Labs creates software products that make a difference in people’s lives. We are in the initial stages of building an emerging technology company focused on Artificial Intelligence and its applications like autonomous vehicles. We have a team of product designers and developers with a PhD in Data Science and can tackle any technology problem.
We can solve the toughest challenge in the emerging tech industry!
Why should I be excited to work here?
First, it’s fun. Not in the “everyone pretend to have fun, we’re a startup, where are the Nerf guns?” way, either. It’s fun to work at Lotus Labs because beyond the perks and good times, we’re a happy team of people who love to design and build great products. It’s not just that we have a great organizational structure in which everyone is really empowered to act; it’s also that we hire for fit and bring in folks only if we’re confident in their integrity, capability, and drive.
No one will watch over your shoulder, and you won't have to spend time watching over anyone else's either. We’re a talented team of doers. There’s little bureaucracy, and we hate blocking. Our leaders spend their time making sure you can get things done in the way that best suits your preferences and strategic goals.
Autonomy, creativity, thoughtfulness, trust: if you care about those things, you'll be happy here. And more importantly, we'd be honored to hire you.
Job (Full-time or Contract)
The cloud DBA position works with the DevOps team to manage performance and resource utilization of the cloud databases while coordinating with the development team to craft new structural changes to support feature changes and deploy those changes without affecting existing deployments. A tremendously important requirement of this position will be to utilize Microsoft SQL technologies combined with proper database schema and security configurations to comply with security standards while working with the development and customer staff to develop alternative processes to comply with the new security restrictions.
- 2+ years Azure SQL experience
- 3-5 years MS SQL (2012+) administration experience
- Experience with database security concepts, including access, auditing, and encryption
- Ensure availability and performance of cloud SQL Databases
- Manage and Audit Security Access to all cloud databases
- Implement a policy of least privilege on existing cloud databases
- Responsible for providing trend and usage/capacity analysis to the server management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management/allocation
- Proactively monitor the database systems to secure services with minimum downtime
- Proactively address issues to ensure optimum performance. Maintain database integrity, stability, and availability
- Provide guidance to .Net development teams in data and schema design to ensure proper implementation and utilization of the data structures
To apply: OF9M813n@1H6klYqy9lgN3GAUnkE7bVo.a85bxdBEmQ-&jobid=534233000000784006&widgetid=534233000000072311&embedsource=>https://recruit.zohopublic.com/recruit/PortalDetail.na?iframe=true&digest=OF9M813n@1H6klYqy9lgN3GAUnkE7bVo.a85bxdBEmQ-&jobid=534233000000784006&widgetid=534233000000072311&embedsource=