- At least two (2) years of directly relevant work experience in journalistic writing and editing of publications and other documents related to criminal justice or social science topics.
- Strong writer with experience writing on criminal justice and/or social science topics.
- Demonstrated experience and/or examples of published works, written or edited.
- Ability to create content for a variety of media.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and knowledge of style guidelines. Experience with Chicago Manual of Style preferred.
- Must be able to acquire a Public Trust clearance.
- Excellent editorial discernment and judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail, good organizational skills, very strong proofreading abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of grammar and ability to follow style guidelines.
- A creative thinker who thrives in a fast-changing environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing/evolving client needs.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
At Leidos, we value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical workplace. In fact, in 2022, Leidos was ranked as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute for the fifth consecutive year.Education:
Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field (e.g., English, Communications).Pay Range:
Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.