We are Latana, a cutting-edge consumer insights platform that helps organisations to make better marketing decisions. Latana enables its clients to accurately measure and track how people perceive their brand. We are working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Tier and Revolut, as well as more established companies such as Unilever and Greenpeace - and we’re just getting started! Our vision is to lead the development of a new generation of research technologies that enable us to better understand the needs, desires and preferences of people around the world.About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack to join our new survey engineering team. As Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with your fellow engineers, your Tech Lead and members of the Product, Design and Research team to deliver top notch software as part of a rapidly-growing company.
This role offers the chance to work on a project that will have millions of people admiring your code, as well as the opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product.Your Responsibilities
As a software engineer at Latana, you’ll be helping to build the tools and systems which deliver essential insights to some of the world's fastest growing brands.. On a day-to-day basis you could be...
- Building and testing new elements of our system
- Scoping and planning for future development work
- Deploying applications to production environments
- Working closely with colleagues from the product, design and research teams, to plan designs and experimenting to improve the performance of our survey systems.
- Prototyping new ideas
- Improving your team's efficiency and throughput
- Driving yourself and others to succeed by providing thoughtful feedback
- Having an exceptional attention to detail and craft, allowing you to bring ideas from thought to production.
- Strong working experience of backend development with a dynamic language and related framework (e.g. Ruby, Python or similar. Ruby on Rails experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of UI and web-technologies (JS / Typescript / HTML / CSS), and frameworks (e.g. React / Vue)
- Experience working with cloud-based services (e.g. AWS / Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of application container services (e.g. Docker / Kubernetes)
- Experience of using CI/CD to great advantage
- Keeping abreast of technology changes to ensure our technology stack is reliable and up-to-date, as well as evaluating new technologies and their suitability for deployment
- Keen to learn new things, and teach others too
- Challenging, yet encouraging work environment.
- Continuous Learning Stipend to contribute to your continuing education.
- Yearly stipend for use on public transport or personal fitness via Urban Sports Club.
- In-house coaching to help you grow personally and professionally.
- Weekly Focus Day to facilitate independent work without interruption.
- MacBook Pro and all the tools you need to succeed in our remote working package.
- Beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with the opportunity to work remotely.
- Team outings on our company boats plus regular social events!
Latana is committed to providing a respectful, safe, and inclusive workplace. Diversity at Latana means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We pride ourselves on working with the best and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our talented employees.