We are Latana, a cutting-edge consumer insights platform that helps organisations to make better marketing decisions. Latana enables its clients to accurately measure and track how people perceive their brand. We are working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Tier, Unilever and Greenpeace - and we’re just getting started! Our vision is to lead the development of a new generation of research technologies that enable us to better understand the needs, desires and preferences of people around the world.About the Role
As Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with your fellow engineers, your Engineering Manager and members of the Product team to deliver top notch software as part of a rapidly-growing company. In this position, you will set the standard for your team, taking initiative in setting estimates and delivering to both internal and external deadlines. You will find plenty of opportunities for career development, personal growth and technical problem solving as part of an upbeat, optimistic team of engineers who share your enthusiasm for open and empathetic communication.
More important than any tool is our relaxed yet challenging working environment. Our engineering teams are encouraged to solve their own problems with a great degree of freedom, to see their work through to completion and to take pride in – and full ownership of – the applications they work on.Your Responsibilities
- Utilize tools like Ruby, Rails, Vue.js, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes and AWS Athena
- Produce clean work. You produce well-documented pull requests that can be understood by your colleagues, and you document the higher level behaviour of your applications.
- Testing your code whilst understanding the trade-offs that need to be made in some testing circumstances.
- Enthusiastic problem-solving and the ability to help the people around you succeed.
- Proven expertise with Ruby and with the Ruby on Rails framework, as well as proficiency with at least one other programming language
- Good understanding of relational databases, experience with high traffic load projects
- You are comfortable with cloud service providers like Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud/Microsoft Azure and are happy to work with our cloud provider of choice, AWS
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Cleanliness in your work – you produce well-documented pull requests that can be understood by your colleagues, and you document the higher level behaviour of your applications
- You take pride in testing your code whilst understanding the trade-offs that need to be made in some testing circumstances
- Ability to lead – you are comfortable driving projects forward with your technical decision making.
These skills describe our ideal candidate for the role. Nonetheless we encourage candidates who don’t meet 100% of these requirements to apply – highly motivated people with varying backgrounds and experiences can grow into this role.What We Offer
- Work environment where you are given the freedom to develop to your full potential and become a trusted member of the team.
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product.
- Continuous Learning Stipend to contribute to your continuing education.
- Yearly stipend for use on public transport or personal fitness via Urban Sports Club.
- Weekly Focus Day to facilitate independent work without interruption.
- Knowledge sharing sessions with the Engineering Team.
- MacBook Pro and all the peripherals you need to succeed in our remote working package.
- Beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with the opportunity to work remotely.
- Team outings on our company boats plus regular social events!
Latana is committed to providing a respectful, safe, and inclusive workplace. Diversity at Latana means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We pride ourselves on working with the best and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our talented employees.