This role will appeal to the experienced support professional who wants the fun of solving technical problems or coaching others in resolving problems but also wants to step into a management / leadership path.
The ideal candidate is seeking opportunities to:
- build their own Tier 1 support team
- make a big impact on the team and the clients they support
- develop client relationships
- represent Customer Success in a global company
- grow and develop into a manager / leader with coaching and mentoring available
- work with products that add value to clients and with people who want to make a difference
- be in a culture of collaboration, transparency, and customer obsession
While Open LMS is a 100% remote company, you must be a resident of Australia to be eligible for the position. No sponsorship is available.
What you will do
The day to day duties of this role might involve the following:
Who we are looking for
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of 4 person in-region remote Customer Support team by managing the ticket queue
- Provide leadership and prioritization to direct reports regarding all aspects of the job; technical, client interactions, workload management
- Serve as escalation point for customer support issues and a senior resource where necessary for customers
- Act as a player/coach taking on complex or strategic client issues and tickets as required
- Communicate between regions and assist in coordinating activities across multiple departments
- Guide and coach direct reports; give feedback and assess development, address employee issues; conduct employee performance appraisals
- Identify ways to modify support practices to align with the vision of the Customer Experience or to be more efficient.
- Represent Customer Support to prospects in critical bids or specific sales
- Continuously assess and contribute to Knowledge Management by identifying and/or creating internal or external knowledge base articles, and contributing product feedback
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications such as a Bachelor of Computer Science or similar relevant discipline
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a customer facing technical team
- Some experience in or exposure to team leadership
- Good knowledge of Learning Management Systems (in particular Moodletm or Totara)
- Experience working in education technology
- Demonstrated ability to nurture relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Exceptional listening, written and oral communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent written and spoken English, but Multilingual a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Customer focused with an understanding that both internal and external customers require you to meet their needs in a professional and understanding manner.