Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
The Sales Team at Kpler is fun, diverse and self-driven. We love to build relationships and to challenge the status quo. Our main goal is to bring value to our clients by leveraging our technology and data intelligence. We are proud to offer a solution that improves business performance and brings disruptive innovation in the commodities market. Join us!
What you’ll do
The Sales team is looking for a highly motivated Account Manager who is excited at the idea of selling a disruptive technology solution in the commodities market and maintaining, deepening and broadening clients’ relationships and sales through renewal, upsells and cross-sells!
More specifically you will:
• Know each user and client and discover new opportunities within the accounts
• Work alongside customer success to ensure usage of existing users
• Run various trials and data evaluation with new users to expand the account
• Organize client appreciation events and work with marketing to reward existing clients and maintain our brand recognition
You are or have...
• Experience in Sales in either the Energy, Commodities or Financial Services and Hedge Funds: the role will be tweaked based on experience. We are open to junior (>1 year of experience minimum) and more experienced profiles.
• Significant experience in an account management role
• Strong interest in building client and product knowledge
• Driven and self-disciplined. You can work in autonomy without much guidance and thrive in unstructured, fast-paced, ever-changing environments
• A team player who always puts the business first with an eye on maximizing you and your team’s long-term gains
• Excellent customer service, listening and negotiation skills
• Ability to analyse complex client requirements and needs
• Great attitude and motivation
COVID update: This role will be initially remote (til end of Year at best). Then, based in our London office.
And you REALLY want to join us because...
• We offer the best product in the market and are effectively disrupting our market
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means we never run out of new clients!
• We are still small enough that you can truly join a rocket ship and shape your career!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we come from more than 20 countries and speak more than 15 languages. This also means, we close large global deals which you will get to participate in!
• We offer competitive compensation - including commissions - & benefits and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!