JW Player is looking for a Sales Engineer that knows the Indian Media & Entertainment space inside out.
The Sales Engineer in JW Player’s APAC team will provide world-class technical guidance and solution design to JW Player’s largest prospects, customers and partners in the region. This role is an essential link between our Sales, Account Management and Product teams to demonstrate the technology value of our Player and Platform products. The Sales Engineer is the technical lead in the regional team, to liaise with an Account Manager and an Account Executive for both new and existing accounts.
As a Sales Engineer, you will:
- Represent JW Player in every technical interaction in the field, both in pre-sales opportunities as well as in the development of existing client relations
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives with your regional account team
- Act as the customer’s main technical point of contact and lead the sale to a technical close
- Confidently present and articulate the business value of our solutions and products to managers and executives of all levels.
- Confidently own the room when there is a need for technical guidance, to provide structure and action items when a project requires it
- Work hand-in-hand with the regional pod in India and the larger team in APAC, to align on goals, initiatives and market expansion.
- Understand the competitive landscape in video technology, and position JW Player product value in that ecosystem
- Manage and execute client-facing information gathering and demos of JW Player's products and deliver technical pre-sales presentations focused on the needs of prospective publishers
- Support the RFI/RFP process by providing thorough responses to technical requirements
- Gather feedback in terms of trends in the market, and surface that to the product teams
- Constantly improve, increase value and be an essential part of the JW Player Sales Team
- Contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives
Who You Are:
- 3+ years experience as a Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect or related Advertising/Video product experience
- Strong presentation skills including experience presenting technical details to a wide-ranging audience
- Superior writing skills for responding to RFI/RFPs and for business communications with customers
- Demonstrated experience in problem identification and resolution with hands-on approach to solving tactical and strategic problems of a technical nature
- Experience interfacing with Product, Product Marketing & Marketing to maximize message, sales and client acquisition
- Successfully handle the ever-changing landscape of sales and product
- Solutions focused attitude and delight in interacting with clients
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and pay attention to details
- Understanding of the Video Ad Tech ecosystem, including Programmatic Advertising and Video Header Bidding
- Experience in the Video Delivery and OTT space
- Proficient in English both written and verbal
- Technical sales or support in SaaS organizations, preferably Video or Ads Tech
- Experience with backend development (PHP, Python, NodeJS, GO)
- Experience with Value Selling Methods
- Experience with DRM and/or Video Live Streaming
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.